cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not a customer, but I have neighbors exposed and unprotected cable running over my front garden

Afis
Tuning in

I'm not a customer, but I have neighbors exposed and unprotected cable running over my front garden.

The cable has already been damaged when I was mowing my grass. only a matter of time before its damaged again. As you can see from the images its not buried below ground at all.

Also I was never asked if this cable could be routed over my garden. Kindly have this cable removed from my garden.

PXL_20230712_181426654.jpgPXL_20230712_181435442.jpgPXL_20230712_181440203.jpgPXL_20230712_181443378.jpgPXL_20230712_181523329.jpgPXL_20230712_181536844.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you - or a previous occupant - had a VM installation at your property?

You "can" just cut it all out and skip it, but that would make you very unpopular with your neighbours who are connected.  You could ask the neighbour to call it in to request a tidy up or wait for a day or two for a VM person to respond

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM cables often appear along boundary lines between properties. Are you able to untangle the green conduit from the vegetation and simply 'flip' it all over to the neighbour's side of the boundary line without disconnecting or cutting anything? Or is the cable route more complicated than that or far away from the boundary line?

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Afis thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the cable running across your property.
I will assist you on this and send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi John, thanks for taking time to reply.

I have asked the neighbours to contact Virgin and get this sorted, but I suspect nothing has been done yet. And will be expecting immediate action if the service is disrupted.

There is no reason why I should have to tolerate this eye sore in my garden. It has to go , on way or another.  Virgin can sort it out now, or later and deal with an irate customer.

Thanks for your response.

I tried that, the neighbours just but it back over on to my side. Im not going to play this game . Its either routed correctly or its removed.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Afis on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to get in touch with our team and our contractors to get this sorted.
As advised they will get in touch with you directly to sort this out. If there's anything else you need from us - feel free to reach out and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Afis
Tuning in

Hi, Ilyas, after the Virgin contractors had come out and fixed the issue, my neighbours have had a wall built in their garden. The cable has been dug up and left laying across my garden again on my side of their wall. Also the cable has now been placed in such a way that it is over the gutter drain so impeding the flow of rain water.

The cable is again exposed and will get damaged when I cut my lawn. Please have this removed from my garden and have it routed via the neighbours own garden. They are Virgin customers not myself. 

Thanks in advance

Asif.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 13.59.14 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 13.59.14 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 13.59.14 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 13.59.14.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Afis, I have asked VM to address this.  If it's not done in an acceptable timescale, simply cut all the cables out and throw them back over their wall - tell the neighbour you are about to do it first though.

Where are the cables on your property coming from and going to?  Do you have a brown/grey omnibox on your property wall that they are piggy backing on to.  Or, are the cables just crossing from street cabinet to their omnibox? Or different ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Asif, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear that further work is needed after the neighbours have performed work on their garden. 

Let us go back to the Local Area Field Manager to see what we can do to help. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to get some details from you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team