cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub5x modem mode

Davidfe
Tuning in

When will it be working.  Bought another router before realising I can't get modem mode.😬😤

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Davidfe 

I'm aaidd there  issn't much information about modem mode except   there will be a firmware update later this year that will bring modem mode support

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

40 REPLIES 40

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Pass.
A WiFi Router / Mesh can be used in access point mode until VM offer Modem Mode for Hub 5x.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Do double NAT till VM give you modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Davidfe 

I'm aaidd there  issn't much information about modem mode except   there will be a firmware update later this year that will bring modem mode support

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I am very much a network novice. What is double NAT and how do I set up.

Cheers 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

I'm having to do this right now as part of he troubleshoot process.  As long as all the devices connect to the second router and nothing connects directly to the Virgin hub (except the second router obviously...) then all the devices are on the same network (provided by the second router) and will see each other with no issues. Port forwarding will be annoying though, I usually use that for one thing on my network to be connectable from the outside but I'm not travelling now so I can manage for a while without it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 5 - Modem Mode - Eero mesh
My Broadband Ping - VirginMedia OL15

gcarter
Superfast

Woah woah woah.  My HUB5 arrives tomorrow...
(currently have HUB4  in modem mode used with a ASUS RT-AX88U)

w800.png

What's all this talk about firmware fixes to enable modem mode support?  The wording in this thread suggests that modem mode is not available on hub5 and yet a basic google search says otherwise?

Am I missing something here?  When my hub5 arrives, will hop into settings and turn on modem mode and plug my Asus wifi router into the 2.5gb port.  However the OP states and I quote...

@Davidfe wrote:

When will it be working.  Bought another router before realising I can't get modem mode.😬😤

Yeah there is no Modem Mode on the 5x which is a deal breaker for me am afraid

Parzival_0-1687776855783.png

It should be there and is not.  Just got off phone with support and they couldnt help

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Davidfe wrote:

I am very much a network novice. What is double NAT and how do I set up.

You just connect the router up to the hub as if its in modem mode.

Then to get most of the traffic setup your router WAN (till modem mode happens) with a static IP like 192.168.0.250 subnet 255.255.255.0 getaway 192.168.0.1 DNS 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 DMZ in hub to 192.168.0.250

---------------------------------------------------------------