cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub red light

Aglon
Tuning in

A week ago I had a problem with Internet and since then my router shows red lights. Internet is fine again though . So I tried the suggestions I found on the Virgin website which explained me that my router is just too hot, but nothing helped. The router is still red.

OK then. I tried to find the online chat because I hate calling to help lines - it's always more stressful than chatting by typing. BUT I couldn't find online support - Virgin hid it so well that I had to call. They keep increasing the cost but don't want people to use online help, they want us to speak with someone for hours. OK, I called, and afcourse my password didn't match to the info the man had, I had to answer 100 questions. And after I insisted to change the password (which didn't match their info) and asked to repeat me what he entered on his side - He said it's against their policies lol. So I have to believe him that he wrote everything correctly. It's just wonderful. He speaks to me and can't tell me the same info I just gave him - to ME.

Ok then. Now he could check my hab. Of course there was no problem with the hab on their end, so it's my problem that I have red lights He said. He said it's because of my devices. When I said that I use only 1PC and would like these red light to be fixed = he said they have to think about it for 1 day, they have to monitor me and MAYBE they will decide to send someone to me. I just left this conversation because it's too much.

And this all happens when I see that new customers pay £29 for the same Internet which costs me £65 per months and the next month is going to be even more £72. It's just crazy that these people can't change the router getting so big money from the customers who were loyal to their company for years. No wonder many people change Virgin media to something else.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

6 REPLIES 6

neil100
On our wavelength

They gave my work college the same service as me for £29 a month but said they will now charge me the same service at £97 a month , i'm not a person who wants every thing for nothing and i'm willing to pay for a good service , 3 phone calls later that went on for hours they said they would reduce it to £87 a month . So i'm looking at EE and talk talk now 

Aglon
Tuning in

And I see that Lisa changed my title now, removing words "bad service for 65 per month||" because Google can catch this and show to the new customers, I suppose, and they will know what to expect in the future. Thanks for your support guys, it was really helpful, because changing the titles normally helps a lot.

Hey Aglon, thank you for reaching out and I am glad to hear the advice on here as helped. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Aglon
Tuning in

hm, it was sarcasm...Watch Bing Bang theory to know more lol

Aglon
Tuning in

A little update for those who maybe have the same problem. Don't chat to anyone, they don't g a sh..t about you and that people have work. They sent the tech guy to my house without waiting my agreement to the booking. Of course the guy didn't fix anything because I was at work. And then they said it's my fault, because I didn't cancel, didn't answer fast enough (who cares that I don't use my phone at work and can write the answer after work only) and I can book time myself by calling to this number (so you better call to this number straight away without wasting your time, chatting with someone here) - 0345 454 1111. Personally I decided to wait until my router stops working completely and then I will decide if I even want to stay with Virgin.

Hi @Aglon 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I am sorry to hear that and we'll organise a new tech via PM.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill