cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub constantly dropping connection.

vrtual_climber
Tuning in

Hi

Recently my Hub 3 has repeatedly dropped connection, everything is affected, I have repeatedly tried to run service checks, They come back with responses saying come back in 23 hours, if there’s still a problem we will be in touch.

I have restarted the hub several times, but so far haven’t done a factory reset.

I try again and get exactly the same message and get no contact. Frankly I sick of it, and it is major problem as I work from home. 
Does anyone have any suggestions what else I should try or what tests I need to do before, I resort to getting a tech out?

2 REPLIES 2

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Certainly, a factory reset will achieve NOTHING that an ordinary power reset cannot achieve.  And you shouldn't need to do that either.

If you can get into the Hub's GUI, (192.168.0.1), log in; via ADVANCED SETTINGS/TOOLS/NETWORK SETTINGS go to the DOWNSTREAM, UPSTREAM & NETWORKLOG pages and copy/paste all the stats presented to you.

We might then get a clue as to what is going on.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello vrtual_climber.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your hub dropping connection.

With this being an ongoing fault, I would like to take a look into this for you and see what may be causing the issue.

More than likely the hub is on its way out. If so then we can arrange for an engineers to attend.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L