cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5

Lofty73
On our wavelength

Hi. I have just had a hub 5 upgrade from a hub 3. I spent the evening resetting half my devices with the new details.

I woke up this morning to find these devices off but the others now working. When I go into the hub 5 settings it's reverted back to my old settings access point names and passwords. 

Is this from some sort of backup? If so why didn't the engineer know then I wouldn't of needed to reset stuff. I'm confused 😕 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

There are an increasing number of customers reporting the Hub 5 reverts to the Wi-Fi settings of a previous Hub shortly after installation   So far the speculation is this is driven by the customer VM Connect app or via VM uploading the Wi-Fi settings to the new Hubs.  VM Mods have yet to offer an explanation.

Regardless it is not seamless and as you have found it is not published so is unexpected.

For customers that replace a Hub and delete the old Wi-Fi profiles from their kit, the behaviour is very unwelcome as they are faced with their Wi-Fi equipment suddenly being offline.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

There are an increasing number of customers reporting the Hub 5 reverts to the Wi-Fi settings of a previous Hub shortly after installation   So far the speculation is this is driven by the customer VM Connect app or via VM uploading the Wi-Fi settings to the new Hubs.  VM Mods have yet to offer an explanation.

Regardless it is not seamless and as you have found it is not published so is unexpected.

For customers that replace a Hub and delete the old Wi-Fi profiles from their kit, the behaviour is very unwelcome as they are faced with their Wi-Fi equipment suddenly being offline.

Lofty73
On our wavelength

I woke up thinking I was in a parallel universe. If it was a known thing then that's OK because I wouldn't of wasted an evening messing about and I think its a great idea I've a load of stuff on Google home and although only did half I've got to redo them all now. Its a bit funny that they don't know much about it. I do use the VM connect app but this morning it's buggy as they say its not fully happy with the hub5.

Thanks for the quick response and will await to see if more post. Cheers 🍻 

Teflon_2
Dialled in

I upgraded to Hub 5 from Hub 3 earlier this week.  After plugging in and powering up the Hub 5, I had to go out for a couple of hours, and was expecting to have to spend an age finishing the install by updating all my gadgets to the new settings. I was delighted to find that the Hub 5 had retained all the Hub 4 settings (SSID, passwords etc) and assumed it was a feature of the new kit. The one issue I did have was no functioning land line, despite the Hub stating all was well. It seems I had plugged my 'phone line into the "wrong" 'phone socket on the hub, as swapping it over solved the issue. That's my only complaint so far: no setup/install info whatsoever was supplied with the new hub, so it really was a case of "plug & pray".  Overall though, the new hub is so far performing great - a big improvement over Hub 3.

Hi Teflon_2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, really glad you have found our Hub 5.0 to be straight forward other than the lack of set up information, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.