cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 firmware update, post here if you "dont" have it.

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

Would like to know if there is any others who dont have it, like is it some kind of beta test, or staged rollout, or a technical issue why I dont have the update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Almost certainly a staged roll out. Mine took a few days after the initial reports of a new level of firmware.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Client62
Legend

This question is about Hub 5 software:  LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6  first seen around 03/10/2023

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Almost certainly a staged roll out. Mine took a few days after the initial reports of a new level of firmware.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Client62 wrote:

This question is about Hub 5 software:  LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6  first seen around 03/10/2023

Thanks for adding that, where is the version number displayed, I noticed I dont see it anywhere in the interface,

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Client62
Legend

for our Hub, Software version is on menu page : Admin >>> Info

chrcoluk
Fibre optic

Ahh yeah, got used to just not logging and using check router status, and no idea what he password is to login as its a pain to check the bottom of the unit, wish I added the password to keeppass, but I am assuming I am on the latest but one firmware assuming previous updates have been working.

freeld
Joining in

I don't have it. I've been near fully without internet since Tuesday. Virgin Hub 5 can't handle DCHP, doesn't have modem mode to let a third party router handle it instead. I've read that the firmware update resolves these issues yet I don't have it and I have to wait another 5 days before the tech team can even look at my ticket. Fuming.

The HUB 5 does have modem mode.

Do you mean the HUB 5x?

i have 

Software version
:
LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6

my speed wont go above 500mbps on giga now 🙂