cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 & Connect app.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi all

Here we go again. For ages now the connect app has been working fine. A few days ago the hub 4 done a reboot during the day for some reason. Since then the connect app can no longer find the hub4. I also cannot access the hub direct by using 192.168.0.1. 

The connect app did want to improve the WiFi and for some reason it took me thro' a page to change my password. Since then it cannot find the hub4.

I can still use WiFi and ethernet OK with no problem. I have done a few reboots etc.

What has gone wrong this time.

Regards

14 REPLIES 14

Client62
Legend

When the Hub 4 user interface has failed and access via the Connect app is also lost, the only option is to press RESET for 60 seconds, then leave the Hub 4 powered on to revert to its shipping condition.

If after the factory reset completes, the admin menu is still not available at http://192.168.0.1/ a replacement Hub will be required.

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

Have done a full reset and still cannot access the hub4 either with WiFi on tablet or ethernet from laptop. Connect app cannot find hub4. Am able to get on Internet as normal.

Regards

Alan

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Who will organise replacement hub?

Client62
Legend

VM support are a nightmare with partial Hub faults.
I'd suggest power off the Hub 4 and then phone in and report it as totally failed.

Hi Grumps70,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Connect App. 

Glad to hear the hub is working fine, can you try uninstalling and re-installing the Connect App? Have you tested it on a different device?

Alex_Rm

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi

I have lost count of how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. As far as the hub is concerned I can get the Internet OK either using WiFi or cable. The problem with the hub4 is that the app cannot find it and nor can I using 192.168.0.1 

I had this problem ages ago but the a hub then done a reboot one night and was then ok but recently I saw it do a reboot all by itself during the day and since then the app cannot find it nor can I using 192.168.0.1

I have tried all suggestions given but nothing at this end has worked so either the hub4 is faulty or it is something back at VM.

Regards

Alan

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi Alex

I left a reply on Monday but got a msg from Daniel et yesterday saying I should reply to you as soon as I can so not sure what is happening.

Regards

Alan

Grumps70
On our wavelength

2nd time of sending this response so do not know what is happening

Hi

I have lost count of how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. As far as the hub is concerned I can get the Internet OK either using WiFi or cable. The problem with the hub4 is that the app cannot find it and nor can I using 192.168.0.1 

I had this problem ages ago but the a hub then done a reboot one night and was then ok but recently I saw it do a reboot all by itself during the day and since then the app cannot find it nor can I using 192.168.0.1

I have tried all suggestions given but nothing at this end has worked so either the hub4 is faulty or it is something back at VM.

Regards

Alan

Grumps70
On our wavelength

Hi Alex

Am sending this again as I do not know if you saw this the other day.

Hi

Regards

Alan