cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 issues

agreene865
Joining in

Hello, I have an ageing hub 3 and over the last week it has been playing up. We turn it off at night to save electricity and when we turn it back on it doesn't always boot correctly. Came home this afternoon and now for the 4th time it hasn't booted all day and the app doesn't see it. Rang and was sent the link to reset the hub did so and after an hour finally got it recognised by the app and up and running with occasional drop outs. Is this hub dying? Help please or could someone provide me with the relevant phone number to call and report this issue. Many thanks AJ 

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Modern electronic equipment is designed to be not turned off. The MTBF increase dramatically if it’s turned off each day. Your hub will not get any updates, impacting its performance, until it is turned on and then they will often fail. If you have TV from VM you will not get programme guide update and if you have a home phone this in the future will depend on the hub being on 24/7.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

VM likely went to the trouble of router mode all in one hub so that you don't complain about running a modem and router and yet people still turn it off.

setup a BQM

Broadband Quality Monitor | thinkbroadband

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi agreene865,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been facing issues with your Router, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see any issues our end, it does look like you may have switched off the Router again it is showing as unreachable, as advised by Tudor, we don't advise switching off the Router, this will stop any updates hitting it and can result in your services facing further issues, please try leaving it on and you should see and improvement.

Regards

Paul.