cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 Volt Download speed issue

Braaaapbrap
Tuning in

Hi,

I've been on the Gig1 Volt for a while now and recently I've started feeling like the speeds are not what they should be, so I ran some speed test and discovered that for some reason it's around 500 down and 100 up. As far I remember it should be 1000 / 100 and I do have a history of previous speed test on my own router confirming that.

No cables were moved in the house. All devices sit in the same spot they used to.

Did someone flip a switch somewhere they should not and downgraded me? 🤔

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this

________

Firstly... Can we check… are your speed issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What devices are you running speed tests on?


--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

To check if there has been a downgrade, log on to the Hub and look at the Network Stats, CONFIGURATION option.  It’ll tell you the configured speed.  If it’s configured correctly, then proceeding down John’s route is the next port of call.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Braaaapbrap
Tuning in

All right. First of all, thanks for the replies

It really started bothering me last night because I had to download couple of huge files from work computer to home, so I made a coffee and started digging. 

Did full reset of my whole network, checked the cables connections, modem and router configuration, and all numbers are within the spec but still not going above 500 -ish on download.

The only devices connected are the PC and mobile. Mobile always topped out at around 350-ish. PC has 2.5Gb/s card in it and recently Windows installed new drivers... enabling some kind of "Green Mode" which was never there before 🫠

Long story short. The climate activists tried to sabotage me. All working as it should now

Hi there @Braaaapbrap 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you for updating us, I am glad to hear that things are looking better.

If any issues do reoccur or if there are any other issues please do pop back to us here on the forums and we will do all we can to help.