Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed cable sticking out in the area - London E3 area

Sk-user200
Tuning in

IMG_7566.jpeg

IMG_7565.jpeg

this area has been so bad recently with constant intermittent issues. Recently we have a fault lasting over 3 week. And an area intermittent issues every few weeks. (F011199589). 

please can VM confirm if a cable like this can causes issues for people close by. This is just a street away from me. 

if VM private message me I will send the address. Rather than put someone else’s address online. 

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think it unlikely for that to cause any problems, but it looks as if the incoming cable has been removed. What you can see is just the end of the internal cable. Almost every road has a street cabinet or more and any problem with that connection would only affect users in that road, it would not affect other cabinets. My road has 60 houses and is served by two cabinets.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sk-user200,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have been facing an intermittent fault for a few weeks now, although some faults such as an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) can be caused by a damaged or exposed cable the image above is very unlikely the cause, as advised by Tudor, there is no connection to the brown box, looks like the cables have been removed.

Are there any known faults showing on our Service Status which may be causing your issue?

I will be more than happy to have a closer look for you, please look out for the white envelope to join a private chat.

Regards

Paul.