cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfaction with Virgin Media Service

SarahT123
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Media, 

I would like to express my continued dissatisfaction with your Broadband services as well as the poor customer service received in getting this resolved.

We have been having severe latency issues, as well as frequent disconnections, making the service very unreliable. A cable pull has been scheduled for Tuesday, but we are not convinced that this is going to resolve the issue, particularly as the engineer who came out yesterday didn’t seem to really know what he was doing. 

Me and my daughter (who has autism) have lost trust in Virgin Media - I have  complained to the exec team without any response (it’s been over a week - this is unacceptable when other companies manage to respond in a few days). We have frequently experienced reliability issues over the 7 years we have been with Virgin Media - but this has worsened recently.

My daughter is very distressed and upset as she is unable to play games and the service is very unreliable.

Please let me know what you plan to do - I can provide a complaint reference if necessary? If this matter cannot be resolved - please provide me with a deadlock letter so I can complain to the ombudsman.

Thank you,

Sarah

10 REPLIES 10

SarahT123
Tuning in

I know you aren't a VM rep Client - but believe I would be charged an ETF for doing this. ☹️

However, the service is incredibly poor so I would appreciate if someone from VM could cancel the contract without ETF's or at least find out what is going on in regards to my complaint. Virgin is currently providing a service that is unfit for purpose and unreliable, and I do not anticipate that this will be resolved.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are still in a contract period then you are stuck for the moment. You won't get an official answer here as the forum staff have very limited authority, just passing messages. 

You will have to follow up your complaint in writing, demanding the deadlock letter, and if you don't get that within eight weeks then you can go to the Ombudsman without it.  That's very unsatisfactory, but it's the necessary procedure.

I feel very sorry for your daughter, but Virginmedia won't. They only care about the money. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply - I do really appreciate it, though I may not come across that way.

It’s incredibly disappointing but not at all surprising, given the way I’ve been treated by Virgin in trying to get this resolved.

By in writing, I presume you mean by letter. What would the address be for this?  - I sent the original complaint by email so don’t have it. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SarahT123 

The full details of how to make a complaint (including a web form to make your complaint), where to send a postal complaint, and the full complaints process are on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints 

Also look at the section, "Right to Cancel - FAQs" and it's sub-sections on the 

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/our-speeds-explained page

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for providing those links 

SarahT123
Tuning in

An engineer came out - he was scheduled to do a cable pull but found that the  issue wasn’t being caused by the cables. He replaced the VM Hub3 with a Hub5 - but this has not improved things.

I also received a call from the executive team  before this visit  -  they insisted the visit would resolve things but would waive the ETF if not.

However, my complaint has now been marked as solved/closed - which it most definitely has not, as the service has not been cancelled… I’m also now unable to try and get this dealt with by the ombudsman- as I feel complaints would just close the case again.

Please can somebody respond to my messages? I had a message from someone from the VM team on my other thread but after the first response, there have been no other responses. I do appreciate that it’s not immediate however it’s been over 24 hours…

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What you do now is to respond to their message and say that they have failed to resolve your complaint and the service is still unacceptable. You therefore require a deadlock letter from them so that you can refer it to the Ombudsman. 

Then you await their reply. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The reply might be one of the following... 

They send another technician to finally fix the connection 

They release you from the contract with no EDF 

They send you the deadlock letter so you can go straight to the Ombudsman 

They fail to do any of the above before eight weeks from the date of your original complaint which means you can go to the Ombudsman anyway. 

- jpeg1