cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Outage and Spotty Service

Abell715
Joining in

I just switched to Virgin Media for my broadband in November (it's now March) and have had to deal with constant outages and the service not reaching all rooms of the house since we signed up.

I'm aware that we can get wifipods to extend the service to all rooms, but the App for scanning the rooms can't pick up the signal in our farthest rooms so it's useless. I've tried calling to order wifi pods but every time I call, there is an outage in the area!, so they can't send me a wifipod until it is resolved (and they say they will call me when it's resolved in order to process a pod order, but of course they never do).

Not sure what I'm supposed to do here, but it's driving me crazy and the customer service is terrible. On top of that, the bill is going up next month... 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official route, as you know, is the Connect app.  However if this is not working, then just wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up and discuss directly with you.

However, you could always buy your own Wifi solution and this can be used with whatever ISP you go to in the future.  Have a look at some of the Wifi 6 Mesh products. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Abell715

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a lot of issues with your services since joining us, and for the poor experience overall.

I'd really like to help try and turn this around for you. I've dropped you a PM so I can take your details and have a look.

Thanks,

Beth