cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load HUB 4 settings via '192.168.0.1', after resetting Hub 4

jake02289
Joining in

So I was having some issues with the WiFi connection dropping out and reset my hub (in modem mode) and my own router.

Of course, this meant I needed to log back in to the hub to re enable modem mode and split the hub into 2.5G and 5G channels

Now I cannot load the hub after I login, the screen goes white. I have tried connecting to the original wifi network which now appears and this did not solve the issue. I can't put this hub back into modem mode or sort out the channels!

I've also noticed that my 1gbps package is only giving me 150-200 speeds.

I have seen other posts about this and clearly need a replacement hub, what concerns me is that this appears to be a common issue but Virgin don't want to acknowledge or sort it out?

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jake02289 

As per your thread title, "Cannot load HUB 4 settings via '192.168.0.1', after resetting Hub 4", it's possible that the hub hasn't been reset. Can you still log into 192.168.100.1? If so it's still in modem mode.

To ensure the pinhole resets correctly, remove all ethernet cables from the hub, and keep the reset button pushed in for a timed 60 seconds, then leave the hub alone for 6 or 7 minutes whilst it settles down. This will reset the SSID, wifi password and settings password back to those printed on the base of the hub.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey,

So the page loads sporadically, not always, but it does load the page up and I have been able to login. After i type the password in, the page goes white and never loads anything else after that.

This applies to both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.0.1

I will try and reset again.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jake02289 wrote:

Hey,

So the page loads sporadically, not always, but it does load the page up and I have been able to login. After i type the password in, the page goes white and never loads anything else after that.

This applies to both 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.0.1

I will try and reset again.

Hi again @jake02289 

That sometimes happens to me with the hub 5 when I'm using Chrome. 

I find that refreshing the page often lets me in with it then pre- loaded on the home/welcome screen since it's already accepted my password.

You could also try a different browser or incognito page if you haven't already.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So I reset the hub and left it 20minutes. The light flashes white slowly, while the Internet is now slower than dial up and keeps dropping out (I'm using 5g to type this) I'm assuming I need to try again 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jake02289 

The flashing white light on the hub 4 means it is booting up and that you should wait at least 5 minutes for it to finish. I always advise 6 or 7 minutes. In the meantime, check that all the cables coming into and out of the Hub are pushed in firmly, and that the white coaxial cables are finger tight and free from kinks.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there and it should show if there are any wide area issues and can sometimes result in a tech appointment.. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level. (I don't think it's local fault but still worth checking)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

OK so the Internet is back up but from the virgin hub and I still can't get in to switch on modem mode etc. I'm going to try it again as I suspect I didn't do it properly by removing the other connections.

I am then going to try and access the hub via my laptop if I can using a wire.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jake02289 wrote:

Of course, this meant I needed to log back in to the hub to re enable modem mode and split the hub into 2.5G and 5G channels

if your changing to modem mode you don't need to touch wifi 

when its in modem mode power off for 2mins

---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't even get into the router to turn modem mode back on mind.

jake02289
Joining in

Right this time I reset it, the hub started flashing blue which didn't happen last time. Hopefully that's a good sign I've done it correctly.