cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect HUB 5X TO TADO

Gooders04
Joining in

New 5x router installed today. Can't get the TADO bridge to connect. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Search for TADO in this forum and you will learn the TADO has a single speed 10 Mb/s network port.

Plus learn the VM Hub 5 and VM Hub 5x support network speeds of 100 Mb/s and above.

Use a 10/100/1000 or a 10/100 network switch to recreate a 10Mb/s internet service
for the TADO & it will re-connect.

Hope that helps.

Please can you explain what this means exactly or point me in the direction where I can learn what to do here. I understand I can buy a cheap switch as described, but how does this connect with the Hub5 as I have exactly the same issue. Thanks in advance

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Connect a gigabit switch to the Hub 5.  Connect the Tado to the switch.  Done.

The problem as noted above by @Client62 is the Hub 5 seems not to play well with the older IoT devices that only have a 10Mb network port.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Orange is ethernet cable:

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Maybe VM should of given us a hub with three 10/100Mb ports and one 10Gb port for compatibility and see how that goes down down😨

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for this. Had the same trouble. Searched on here for Tado. Saw this. Bought a switch which was delivered today and am all up and running again with Tado.