cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week without Broadband that Virgin are unable to fix

PhilWil1
Tuning in

It’s now a week since I lost my broadband connection and after several calls and hours on the phone, numerous engineer visits, Virgin have drawn a blank on the fix. I finally got the numbers of engineers/managers and was able to byepass the worst customer experience ever and talk to people who I thought could help. The working theory was that the distribution port on the pole outside the property had only been reserved and not assigned. This was changed but it didn’t work. Yesterday (Thursday) they installed a new hub. Today they concluded that the port was faulty and assigned me to a new port. None of this has worked. Virgin are now scratching their heads and it really feels they have a technology that they don’t have the capability to understand. Whilst I don’t really understand the tech involved, it feels to me like a fault in the configuration on my account which is somehow not being flagged up. I suggested opening a new account and resetting everything. I know it’s a little simplistic but  virgin seem non the wiser. Congratulations must be offered to Virgin in their ability to raise the stress levels of paying customers

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it resolved yet ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

PhilWil1
Tuning in

Not resolved Saturday Teatime - Day 8

Client62
Alessandro Volta

This reads like nightmare on XGS-PON Street !