cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5G port broken after latest firmware update on Hub5

Dave_J1
On our wavelength

Version LG-RDK_7.6.15-2306.5 breaks the 2.5G port, when will this be fixed, and can the version be rolled back to a working version instead of rolling out broken software?

12 REPLIES 12

Dave_J1
On our wavelength

FYI - this is clearly aimed at VM staff on the forum, since apparently I'm not allowed to send private messages asking the same thing. Usual customer services are appalling scripted robots, so what other option?

I'm fully aware of all the other posts on this topic (I do not have option to enable/disable 802.03az EEE).

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dave_J1.

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you have experienced the Broken port on your hub 5 after the firmware update.

We are investigating this right now.

If you can bookmark this post any updates will be on included on here.

Gareth_L

Dave_J1
On our wavelength

FYI, for anyone looking here, there has been no response from VM on the other post yet, to save you the hassle searching through the 100+ posts there.

its been over a month now any updates on the updated fw ?  how hard can it be to roll back to the fw that works ?

about this firmware update, are they actually gonna fix this issue?,for us non managed switch users? i dont think they are, how many months have they been at it ? 1st i contact them and they know nothing about it a month ago,  they come and replace my hub 5 same problem, even the engineers said they dont know about this issue, i showed them this. how hard is it for them to roll back firmware?. you upgrade package to 1g and a 2.5 port which was selling point to me, and for my nas, a month ago and at no point did they say oh by the way its broken,but were working on it.  we need more updates, surely they must know the issue by now, wish i never got it now, my new 2.5g switch is useless. if they had said i would saved my money instead of upgrading my network

gcarter
Superfast

I have the HUB5 in modem mode and the 2.5gb port hooked up to an ASUS router.
I don't see any faults with the 2.5gb port on the same firmware version. 🤷‍♂️

HUB.png

ASUS.png

SPEEDTEST.png

Which begs the question, what information makes you think the port is not working?

Hello Dave_J1.

Thanks for your post.

We are still investigating this and as soon as we have any updates, they will be posted on the link here 

Gareth_L

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Your router don't do EEE on WAN

---------------------------------------------------------------

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any networking kit that does not allow EEE to be managed is broken.  This is the issue with the port at the moment.  Not everything is affected, it's just you are in luck.  🙂Hub 5 Firmware Upgrade - Virgin Media Community - 5480079  Read the whole history here for information.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks