cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble signing up account, password error

CluelessVirg
Joining in

We tried to sign up with Virgin Media but keep on having error issues with the passwords including some automatically generated ones. 

I spent three hours on the phone, to be fair, half of the time being transferred to different advisors and had to go through security questions again and again. After speaking to four different advisors including the escalated IT expert who simply repeated what the others did and raised a ticket. None of them have any clue. 

Could anyone help? I am not an IT guru but definitely know the basics. I have tried different email addresses, different passwords, tried to sign in then change passwords, sign up from scratch using different browsers. None of them work. It seems the new trend to work out ourselves rather than relying on the Virgin 'advisers' / 'experts' now. 

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CluelessVirg 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear of your concerns with setting up your online account. 

Can you confirm what is the error you're seeing when you try to create the account? Is it just advising that the password you're using is not being accepted or some other error?

IT tickets can take 5 working days for the team to investigate and resolve, if this has already been raised then the team will contact you for any further information that they'll need to sort this for you.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.

CluelessVirg
Joining in

I have even tried system generated random passwords, still no use. It is more about the account setting. This email address was used for a different property address before and when I called, the staff said she would deregister / unlink this account from the previous address and ask me to try to register again, this is over a month ago. 

And no, I still haven't received any confirmation after nearly a week. I am on the phone again, trying to explain myself to another clueless colleague. 

Hi @CluelessVirg 

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I have replied to all your pms with the information requested. However I haven't received any reply from you? 

And this issue has been on going for over a month. After spending another 2 hours with another clueless Virgin Media customer service staff (I have phone record proof), I had to file a complaint which probably still going nowhere.