cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirginMedia showing old account after house move. Cannot register for new account.

Nymerus
Joining in

Hello,

I moved house a few months ago which involved moving my Virgin Media broadband service from one area to another. On activation day at the new address activation failed and it took 3 calls to support, over 2 days, to resolve. I was not told what the cause of the problem was. Services are now working fine and I am getting billed for the new account.

However, when I log into MyVirginMedia (app or website) only the old, closed, account is shown. Navigating to the 'Manage account' page results in the "Sorry, we have a problem" page being displayed with no details of what is wrong.

I've not had to register for a new account when moving before but just in case this would resolve the issue I did try. I tried using the same email as my old account (and the one I am reciving bills to) and a different email. Both failed to register with the "Sorry, we have a problem" page being displayed.

Could someone please have a look at my account, there is clearly something wrong with it. It could be related to the activation failure as well.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nymerus

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you've moved house and you wanted to use the same online account details as the old property, the process is a Move and Transfer. This takes 24 hours to go through. 

I'll send you a PM now to arrange this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nymerus

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

If you've moved house and you wanted to use the same online account details as the old property, the process is a Move and Transfer. This takes 24 hours to go through. 

I'll send you a PM now to arrange this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @Nymerus

Just to update the thread, the online account issue has been sorted 🙂

If you do need further assistance, please pop us a public post on here and we'll be more than happy to help sort this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi, @john I am experiencing the same issue please can you help?

thanks James

HI jmgears, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to register, can you confirm if the email which you are using was used on a previous account? If so, this may need to be migrated. Do you wish to use that email? 

Chris

hi Chris, 

apologies in the delay in getting back to you. 

the email address for our old account is removed it would also be excellent if we could change this to removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi jmgears, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We wouldn't be able to update the email address on an old, closed account however if you're wanting to use the email that is already on the old account then we can move this across to the new account. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath - are you also able to help me with the same problem please? Thanks, Graham.

Hey grahammunday,

I can see that you have entered into a private message conversation with my colleague, who will be able to get this resolved for you.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi John_GS 

I’m having the same issue, only seeing the old account and not being able to change my details even when I try with a new email. 
Any help would be appreciated.