cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access my virgin media account

MWild
Just joined

I have been a long time amount holder with virgin and currently I cannot access my virgin media account.  I have a blueyonder email address that I always use to sign in.  I have tried resetting password but doesn't recognise email address.  Tried forgot email address and takes me to account no etc and knows I have an account.  But can't access still.  Any ideas? Did a WhatsApp chat with them today and they reset password there end but still not working

1 REPLY 1

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hi MWild 👋 Welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting! 

Sorry to hear about the issues with your My VM access 👉 virg.in/myVM . This is likely due to some changes in the requirements for a My VM login. These now have to be with a non-VM or historic email address. (Eg Blueyonder, ntlworld, Virgin.net)

You can still access your historic email account as long as you are an active customer, via your My VM account. The login just needs to be a 3rd party mail provider as secondary security authentication. 

We would need to take a closer look at your current setup, and offer support updating this - including sending a new verification email if needed. Following this you will need to click the button titled 'generate new app password' to finalise the process. This both allows you to access emails via any client mail apps, and will also finalise the re-set. This should then resolve your access issues! 🤞

I help with some support for this via PM as we need to confirm a few account details - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly