cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation date keeps getting moved!

thdxb08
Joining in

I'm in the same boat as you, I joined VM from Sky back in early March, having a installation date of 6th. April, this was the date to be transfered over from Sky. , Having phoned VM every day, checking when the engineer was going to arrive, having been told the external engineers will arrive on Monday then it was Tuesday, Wednesday then Thursday. Thursday afternoon I had a text message saying my new installaion date is 23th. 4 days we waiting in for an engineers to turn up at our property to open our electric gates and show then where to run the cable. My contract was due to end with Sky on the 6th. April so I decided to stay with them. My wife and I need the internet for ordering our medications and hospital appointments etc. You have 14 days after the equipement has been installed to cancel for free - cooling off period. My daughter put a message out on twitter regarding the was VM has changed our installion and lied saying an engineers will be out for external cabling. A number of replys, on guy saying he had his installion date moved 8 times!!!

2 REPLIES 2

marks91
Joining in

Wow, what a total disregard they clearly have of their customers. I was also told that the installation date you book online isn’t actually an accurate time frame either, which really does make the whole process academic. 

They make this stuff up as they go along. My contract with BT ends shortly, so I’ll be ringing them back up and asking them not to cancel at all! And will put my cancellation in writing to VM. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thdxb08, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that we've had to put the installation on hold for now due to further works being needed to be completed. Whilst this isn't ideal, it does happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network. Sometimes this can take around 10 weeks to complete depending on the issue at hand. 

From what you've described, it sounds as though the pre-install work was needed and this usually reflects as a rolling appointment on the account. The work can be done at any time so the visit updates and rolls over to the next day until it's completed.

From your post, it's not clear if you're wanting to cancel the installation completely or whether you're looking to get an update on this. Whilst we're not able to expedite things, I'm happy to take a look at things for you to have the latest update. I can also get a complaint raised to ensure the relevant teams are aware. Finally, if it is a cancellation you're looking at, we can get this sorted for you too.

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs