cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have I been disconnected 2 weeks early?

SameraYounis
Tuning in

I arranged a disconnection date of the 14th, but found myself cut off on 1st, a whole 2 weeks early. Since then,  another member of the household has been offered a contract on much more reasonable rates and that has been set to commence on the 15th Feb

Will virgin media restore my broadband and phone service as agreed until the 14th?

This is really shameful because even a cursory search of the forums shows this happens routinely.  You confirm in writing a disconnection date and then choose a completely arbitrary one instead.  Just wth?? This needs escalating to Ofcom because you've had multiple opportunities to fix this issue and you have not. 

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to @SameraYounis, and welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the early disconnection of the services.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, to see if this can be resolved for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

SameraYounis
Tuning in

Just to update anyone looking at this thread,  David (above) liased with VM restored my services, but it took about a week..so no broadband or landline for that amount of time.  I had to resort to buying a 4g router and sim card to restore some normality to the household.  

I am currently trying to get VM to explain why this happened and what measure of compensation they will offer. The response I've had was very very underwhelming.

The reason it happened was down to a mistyped date..I mean really??? This has happened probably to hundreds of people (just search the forum for the number of posts about this,  plus OFCOM's 2023 investigation,  so to suggest this is yet another keying error... well it either points to a shocking degree of carelessness and contempt for departing customers or the explanation is a fabrication.

With regards to compensation, VM current position is that I'm not due anything.  No automatic loss of service payments,  just nothing at all. TO sum it up: "We did make a make a mistake, just be lucky somebody was **bleep** enough to resolve it for you,  now f-off"

So, having to spend even more time and endure further hassle to pursue this via complaints dept, then possibly Arbitration and maybe even the small claims court.