cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Offered a great deal on early renewal of contract - now wont honour it

Jaicey
Tuning in

About a month ago I received an email inviting a renewal -  I clicked the link -  great price -  so accepted and got the contracts through confirming a new 18 mth agreement.

Checking my account in portal still shows the original deal ending May

Just spent 45 mins on phone to customer services with rep alternatively stating there was no order -  the product was withdrawn -  the order was not processed and trying to say best he could do is charge DOUBLE the CONTRACTED Price - I have raised a formal complaint via the online portal but even that doesnt seem to work properly -  you fill in the complaint then submit and get a half filled in form -  no idea if this has gone through -  so come May when my original contract end I dont know what will happen -  I am of a mind to complaint to OFCOM and if necessary take small claims proceedings if Virgin do not honour the contract THEY offered for an early renewal - I accepted -  Virgin CONFIRMED by email with PDF contract docs

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jaicey 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the package dispute, I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John from the Forum Team took details of my issues under private messages and resolved - it proves the value of the forum !!!!!!!!!!😊-  yes did it end up more than the deal I had signed up for - after all an invite to renew what you have you would assume would include what you had on existing contract -yes it was (mainly due to TNT not being included) but the outcome was acceptable - must a shame to go through the grief to get there when it should have been so simple

vmrunreliable
Superfast

So they gave you an offer, didn't follow through on it, then gave you another more expensive offer and you call that a win? 

@vmrunreliable wrote:

So they gave you an offer, didn't follow through on it, then gave you another more expensive offer and you call that a win? 

lol, I agree. If the contract was sent that was acceptance. I would have held them to the original.