cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Very Poor Customer Service

Beckers16
Tuning in

How can virgin media make 2 major mistakes on my account and the only way to sort the problem is to say sorry human error which resulted in me not having a land line for 12 days until engineer came after pushing for service to call office to be told human error was disconnected when said wanted to cancel service should have had 30 days service

Then they cut my wife’s email off after telling had service till 28 Dec when got agent told on Thursday would reconnect as stoped in error

Today no service agent/ manager saying can’t do anything as disconnected what service is this so now going to let as many sources know don’t trust anything anyone says at virgin

16 REPLIES 16

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Beckers16 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with us, we have split this post to be its own thread so that we can concentrate on helping here without any confusion on the other thread. 

Can I just check what has happened? Has your account been disconnected early today? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yours is the 15th topic, in recent times, that I have noted on here where the customer has had services instantly disconnected (often the landline) when the customer has put in 30 days notice to cancel.

You are entitled to have all services working fully during your 30 day notice period so you should be due compensation as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Perhaps VM should start investigating how/why these instant disconnections are happening so often just recently?

Yes we were told account access for emails would end on 28 dec but for some reason my wife’s email was closed out of emails we had

why no idea and we did not ask for it to be closed early

we said we wanted to end contract 28 Oct but we’re assured would have 90 days before loose emails

as this is second thing to go wrong since giving notice sure you can understand why I am so so upset

I'm very sorry to hear that @Beckers16 and thank you for clarifying. 

Are you services still up and running or have they been cancelled prematurely? 

What happens when your wife tries to access her email? Does she get an error message at all?

Any news please

Hi @Beckers16 

Please respond to the questions in my previous post so we can advise further. 

My wife’s account is locked out other emails still work

if she tries to send nothing happens and no emails received

tried logging in and says account deactivated 

she has done nothing to cancel her email

her email is

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

if need any more info please advise

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thank you for popping back to us @Beckers16 we have edited this post to remove the email for security.

I'm so sorry again that this has happened, I'm going to pop you a private message so we can look into this further.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Beckers16.  Roger123 here. I notice [MOD EDIT:ABOVE  Amazing how 'personal and private information has been removed from this post. Etc, etc. The Community (Virgin Media) Posting was quite happy to display prominently my confidential email address without a 'by your leave'!  'FOR SECURITY'.