cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM asking for 2 Routers to be returned but I only have 1

AmbT
Joining in

I have recently ended my contract with Virgin Media and have contacted regarding returning my equipment. The email states I should be returning Arris Hub 3 and an Arris Hub 4, but I only have the 4? Why would I have 2 hubs? I don't want to be charged for not returning a piece of equipment I don't have.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Did you ever have a Hub 3 in the past (which was replaced by the Hub 4)?

It was suggested last year that VM had not been fulfilling its recycling requirements for old equipment (relying on customers to dispose of items) and so VM started issuing daft requests for long-forgotten items which had been logged on customers' accounts in the past.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Please-return-the-unused-Virgin-Med...

If you never had a Hub 3, it's a VM admin problem. If you had a Hub 3 and disposed of it as instructed by VM or a tech took it away during a swap to a Hub 4 it's VM's problem.

Usually a VM forum team person can help you and amend the records (although you might possibly still get demands from VM's broken and disjointed admin systems). The VM forum team will usually reply here within a few days.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AmbT,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

Sorry there's some confusion with returning your equipment, so I can take a closer look I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

dmdrabble
Joining in

I have the same issue. Contract ended 27th May. Got an email saying I had 2 routers and 2 tv boxes. I told them last week the router was returned and one of the boxes was replaced by their engineer and taken away. Their Twitter team told me they had been taken off, yet they’re still on the account. Worried they will stuff me for £65 per item for stuff I don’t have.

dmdrabble
Joining in

Wonder if I can get help with the same problem? I sent 1 router back and 1 tv box was taken by an engineer when the 1st went faulty. Got an email, saying they’re expecting stuff I don’t have. Sorry to hijack the post

Hi dmdrabble

Sorry to hear of the issues regarding the returned equipment and notices received, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We're happy to assist with this and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob