cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded speed online, received 2x pre-contracts but no further updates

LeanneC
Tuning in

Hi, I wonder if somebody could help please? I keep looping around the live chat and feel a bit fobbed off when I do get to somebody.

I upgraded online to the gig1 package that says new equipment & new contract 2 days ago now. I immediately received 2 emails, with 2 different pre contracts and numbers showing the new pricing but start date on both is TBC. It also states I have 14 days from receipt of the document to cancel if unhappy.

Yesterday, I queried any updates/delivery dates for new equipment and conveniently, live chat told me an order confirmation with estimated start & delivery date takes 14 days to come through, but that my cooling off period hasn't started. Is that right? There's no change on my virgin media account and the virgin app has been failing constantly for the last week. There's also no open / outstanding orders or appointments on my account.

Just don't want to find 2 increased direct debit payments taken and tied in to another full term contract with no upgrade and arguing over the cooling off terms.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LeanneC 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not been supported by the live chat team with your concern regarding your upgrade. It's disappointing to hear and can assure you not the level of service we aim to provide.

It can take up to 14 days for a new contract/package order to be processed at our side. Your contract would not start until the package/equipment has been installed and has gone live, so you would still have your full 14 day cooling off period should you need. 

You wouldn't have two direct debits set up on one account. There would just be the one direct debit. Do the contracts you've received differ at all from one another in price/package at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thank you for the reply & reassurance.

I received 2x contract information sheets & 2x contract summary sheets. They are identical, but have different contract numbers.

@LeanneC  

Ah! That's good that they're identical in package and price, it might have been a glitch and the order went through twice, but only one order will be processed on the account for you. 

Should you have any further concerns at all or notice that your contract and package has not changed after 14 days, please do let us know and we'll support further should you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

MattL3
Tuning in

Be careful as I had massive problems when I did this.  

But they won’t be able to cancel as they are outside the cooling off period. Sharp practices from VM?

Hi Carley, team,

I still haven't received any updates on this if somebody could advise please?

LeanneC
Tuning in

Hi Carley, team,

I still haven't received any updates on this if somebody could advise please?

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear you have not received updates @LeanneC 

To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs