cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Netflix added to account?

A-Gent
Joining in

So I've noticed that I have a Netflix premium that has at some point been added to my bill? I never wanted, bought or selected this when setting up my Virgin account and Netflix has no accounts with my email address. I don't watch Netflix through Virgin, so I'd love to know why it was added in the first place? I've looked everywhere for a way to cancel the subscription, because apparently (not) there's a way to do it online? Anyone know how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi A-Gent,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

Sorry there's some confusion with Netflix, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi A-Gent,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community  😊

Sorry there's some confusion with Netflix, so I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Do please update the thread on how it was added. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hi, I have had a similar thing happen to me. There was some work being done by virgin in my area and i lost service for on and off for 24 hours,  I went to watch Netflix on my tv box and I'd been logged out (I only have a £4.99 plan, which is all I need ) it asked me to login, but my password wouldn't work,  I sent for a password reset but didn't receive the email, I tried another reset but still didn't receive the email,  I gave up and watched something else,  a day later I tried to watch Netflix again,  same problem,  but I did receive the reset email,  I followed the instructions,  thought I was creating a new password only to find that I had inadvertently set up a new and much more expensive account via virginmedia (unwanted and not needed as already had a Netflix account) !! I was so frustrated,  I contacted Netflix because I couldn't find any information through virgin,  eventually Netflix managed to cancel this unwanted account ( they said my account had been compromised and I had set up a new account with a different email address,  which I of course I hadn't ) . This all happened because of work being done by virgin in my local area and I still don't know how to contact virgin to make sure they do not charge me for this. Grrrrr.. #veryfrustrating 

Hi there @Debz65 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with getting charges for a more expensive Netflix account. Just to check, have you been able to go into this Netflix account to ensure it's been cancelled? You can then sign up again on the correct plan.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi, thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

Yes I have cancelled the mote expensive subscription, but have no idea how to contact virgin to remove it from my account,  would you know how to get in touch with a human please?. Many thanks in advance. 

Thanks for coming back to us Debz65, sorry this Netflix issue has caused frustration for you! 

We can help, I'm going to send you a PM now so we can get started 🤗
Speak to you soon!

Meg

A-Gent
Joining in

I'm still not sure how exactly it was added, as I referred in the original post, but it has been removed now by the ever helpful Alex_RM and a refund given! My suggestion to fix the issue, for anyone who encounters the same problem, is to contact Virgin for a solution. I'm satisfied at this point the issue is fixed and close. 😊