cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with referral reward

Alsoran931
Tuning in

Hi, I don't even know if this is the correct thread to post this in but there wasn't an option for missing referral reward. I've been checking the aklamio email for weeks now, it changed from "2 weeks" to "less than a week" a while ago, it's now changed to "pending" and should have been paid out last week at the latest. I'm still waiting. I'd referred my mum and she is now asking me where it is. I've emailed virgin and had no reply as yet, aklamio clearly state that it is virgin who are responsible for paying it out so there is no point in me contacting them. Can anyone help please?? We shouldn't have to chase anyone up when the specified time frame has passed and then some. Virgin either need to pay out or stop false advertising to dupe customers into signing up. I'm getting fed up of it now and seriously considering voiding my contract as they have breached their terms and conditions so it would be very easy to cancel on those grounds. Why are they making it so difficult for customers to get what they were promised??

9 REPLIES 9

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Alsoran931 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with having this referral reward added on. I'll certainly be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll pop you a PM to confirm some details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan I have only just realised you had replied as i did not get any email notifications, so I have now replied to your PM with the details requested. couldnt find my account number so sent my full address etc instead. 

Alsoran931
Tuning in

Just to let anyone else know that has seen this post, Nathan pretended to be all interested and helpful and has since just ignored all the information he requested and my replies and has vanished off the face of the earth!!!! Nice to know I may well have just handed my personal information to some random! I am still no further forward and being ignored by virgin. No worries, I'm well within my rights to cancel my contract as they have failed to honour their end of the agreement. Disgusting service as usual

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This has been repeated so many times on here.  VM will say it's Aklamio's responsibility, Aklamio will say it's VM's responsibility. Each will refer you to the other.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yep I've had all that from them both. Called virgin on Wednesday after I raised a complaint, they replied with an email that had nothing to do with the original complaint, instead trying to increase my bill!!! Incredulous tbh. So after speaking with them over the phone they told me that they had sent all the confirmation info over to aklamio and to allow 48 hours for payment...guess what? No payment, no movement on my account. Still says pending. It's an utter disgrace that anyone has to chase them up for payout on an offer they advertise to reel people in. The forum guy has vanished and I'm no further forward. They've defo picked the wrong person to muck about, and I'll be back on the phone once I've walked the dogs! Happy to bill you but not so happy to honour their offers

Alsoran931
Tuning in

Further to my original post, I have had a right mare with both Virgin and aklamio. I called virgin to raise an official complaint, firstly speaking with one lady who PROMISED me I would be paid the £50 within 48 hours as she had sent over confirmation to aklamio and said she had requested they pay it out within the 48 hours. 2 days pass, NOTHING. chased up aklamio quoting what virgin had told me and they responded by saying they have up until 12 weeks from installation to pay (not what virgin tell customers as it's advertised as 60 days after installation) 

I went onto my aklamio log in today to check what the status was, (3 weeks ago the status said "less than a week" for payment) today it has went back up to "upto 9 weeks"!!!!! I am beyond furious and they ain't getting away with adding another 9 weeks to this missing reward. What a disgrace. They should be ashamed of themselves misleading customers like that, dangling that bait, luring folk in and then not paying out as promised. 

Virgin offered me a £50 CREDIT, which I have point blank refused, NO WAY am I prepared to give them that money back, I want the cash in my account as advertised and promised. Why the heck should I spend it with virgin???? Next step is the ombudsman they are not getting off the hook. Please don't refer anyone to this shambolic, dishonest and disinterested company. You'll only be lied to and repeatedly disappointed 

Hi Alsoran931,

We can see a colleague is dealing with this over private message. If you still need help with this please refer back to the private message.

Alex_Rm

I'm afraid NO one has assisted with this, your colleague has messaged me but has not actually chased up the reward, instead offering me a £50 credit towards my bill, which I have refused. I want the "cash" as advertised and promised so I can choose what I spend it on, and not hand it straight back to virgin. If this isn't expedited asap both me and my mother (who has also heard nothing on the reward status) are seriously considering voiding our contracts on the grounds of serious breach by virgin. You may save yourselves the £50 reward but will lose a lot more in the long term when we go elsewhere. It's appalling luring customers in with false promises. 

Sorry to hear you feel this way @Alsoran931.

Do please continue to work with my colleague who will attempt to have this resolved with you

Thanks,

David_Bn