cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threat I'll be charged for equipment I already returned

issueepic
Tuning in

Hello,

I disconnected from Virgin on the 25th July and received an email a few days later to say I would need to return my equipment (Virgin Hub 3 and Stream TV Box) and to wait on the pre paid returns packaging with label to be sent to me. I received the returns packaging with the label on 05/08/2024. I tried to return this to my local O2 store who said they can't take it as it has a Yodel label fixed to the package already. I was a little disappointed but then checked to see if there were any Yodel drop off points near me.

On 09/08/2024 I visited a local OohPod drop off locker location and left my package in one of the lockers they provided. I then receive a receipt via email to confirm I had dropped the item off with the tracking number. 

The tracking number is 8T6P53214415A961. The tracking information shows the returns package was received by Virgin on 12/08/24 at 21:37. I have now received an email threatening I will be charged £85 on 24/08/2024 if the equipment isn't received. 

I contacted Virgin via WhatsApp who said even though the tracking information shows it was received that Virgin haven't received the package and to contact them again in 3 days. I don't feel I should need to keep contacting Virgin about this, as I did what I was asked and returned the equipment. 

Would anyone from the forum team be able to contact me about this?, as the WhatsApp team don't seem to be able to help and just say to contact them in 3 days and I cannot get through on the phone.

I've attached screenshots of the email I received and the tracking information.

Screenshot_20240815_103156_Email.pngScreenshot_20240815_102356_Samsung Internet.pngScreenshot_20240815_102400_Samsung Internet.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey issueepic,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your equipment return. If you have returned your equipment and have the proof, you will not be charged. The app does show that it has been returned to us but it can take up to 10 days for the return to be fully processed and your account updated. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey issueepic,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your equipment return. If you have returned your equipment and have the proof, you will not be charged. The app does show that it has been returned to us but it can take up to 10 days for the return to be fully processed and your account updated. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

bhaskarsamani
Superfast

hope it gets sorted

i need to return my hub when my contract ends on 9 September as i will be leaving virgin media  

@bhaskarsamani wrote:

hope it gets sorted

i need to return my hub when my contract ends on 9 September as i will be leaving virgin media  

Hopefully your return packaging will show up in 14 days and be big enough for the items unlike when I did mine. After requesting more packaging and being told I wouldn't get slapped a non-return fine, I got one! Fortunately, the VM forum staff sorted it, but hassle one could do without, especially as someone from VM randomly turned up in the end to collect the kit without an agreed date and fortunately I was working from home on the day!.

I'm pretty sure from previous posts you'll be getting a receipt if you have to return via the pre-paid label 😉

Last Tuesday, the virgin media engineer was nice enough to take away the TV box that I never used, he said he would make sure it's recycled 

9 September is my last day with virgin media