cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substantial Price increase from pre-contact agreement

Vacio
Tuning in

My contract price has been increased by ~£20 from pre-contract agreement. This is very naughty as the pre-contract price is agreed but Virgin have then increased the contract price and then not allowed me to review or agree the change. So now I’m going to have to find the time out of work to call them and cancel it. I’m also going to seek advice as this can’t be right.

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

So your contract has finished at a, probably, discounted price, and you are now on a monthly rolling contract at a higher price?

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Vacio

Sorry to hear of the confusion around your contract and price, we appreciate you posting on the forum in regards to this and welcome to the community.

As carl_pearce has advised, is this due to your contract coming to an end or a promotional discount expiring? We're limited to the support we can offer with contracts via the forums but you can view your package and cost here, you will also receive a bill each month. The bill will include any promotional discounts currently on the account, they're value and the date they're due to expire outlining the package cost after they end. These can be viewed here.

If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob

Hi Carl, no after my contract had finished, I then called and agreed another broadband package deal for a further 18 month contract, this was sent electrically and I signed the contract, I then later in the day had another email from Virgin congratulating me on renewing my deal but the contract price on the email was substantially different from the agreed cost earlier in the day. 

No, see the reply to Carl, I agreed another 18 contract and signed it.

Thanks for the reply @Vacio on the Virgin Media forum. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the contract.
I will send a private message so I can further assist and sort this out.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs