cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling credit team - how long to respond?

Jewellery
Tuning in

Can anyone advise how long it takes for the "Rolling Credit" team to actually apply a rolling credit to a customer's account?

I was verbally advised by a person in the "Customer Relations" team that  offline (paper) form is sent to the tRolling Credit team to "review" and action. Any idea 1) how long it takes for the paper form to get to the Rolling Credit Team 2) how long it takes for them to apply the rolling credit? Will I have any issues with them only applying it for one month, as indicated in other posts to this forum? VM Customer Services is so disjointed it beggars belief! Also any one know the e-mail address for the Rolling Credit team?

13 REPLIES 13

Jewellery
Tuning in

Does anyone know how long it takes VM to pay a sum of money back to my account as compensation for the inconvenience and time spent raising a complaint against the company? I have received an e-mail saying that my complaint has been upheld and that a sum of money will be credited to my account. Any indication of when I will receive this credit?  Will my next monthly direct debit be adjusted to take account of this credit?

Has anyone else been in this situation, and what was the outcome?

Hi @Jewellery 👋

A warm welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'd like to take a look into this so will pop you a PM 📩 and we can go from there.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jewellery 

Welcome back to the community forums

The rolling credit is applied to the account and would be an automatic credit added by the system for as long as it is arranged for, or until a new contract is agreed. This is usually a quick process and is applied by agents authorised to do so, once it is agreed. 

If you like, we can take a look at this with you on our side to confirm what has been added to the account to give you peace of mind. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and selecting 'Messages' from the drop-down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Rosebush18
Tuning in

@Jewellery wrote:

Can anyone advise how long it takes for the "Rolling Credit" team to actually apply a rolling credit to a customer's account?

I was verbally advised by a person in the "Customer Relations" team that  offline (paper) form is sent to the tRolling Credit team to "review" and action. Any idea 1) how long it takes for the paper form to get to the Rolling Credit Team 2) how long it takes for them to apply the rolling credit? Will I have any issues with them only applying it for one month, as indicated in other posts to this forum? VM Customer Services is so disjointed it beggars belief! Also any one know the e-mail address for the Rolling Credit team?

There is no ‘rolling credit team’, what happened was that the CS agent you spoke to had no idea as to how to precede and, following what appears too be VM standard process, ‘just made something up’ on the spot. Anything will do as long as it gets you off the call and they can move on.

Now Carley_S has offered to look into this for you and will, no doubt, sort it out for you. However when the time comes for you to renew your contract with VM, you might well want to take the ‘lying to a customer’ into consideration!

I have just spoken to yet another  "Customer services" person who was the 3rd person previously involved in my attempt to renegotiate my contact after my current "discounted" contract was due to end.

She advised me that the "rolling credit " team had declined my "request" for the discount to be applied to my account to bring it down to the amount I had been quoted initially as I had, apparently never accepted that quote! (Which I did!)

However, she stated that she has now sorted it all out - but declined to send me an email explaining how all the discounts and complaint compensation credit (£50) are applied and when to my account. She said that VM does NOT DO non-generic (automated) emails! This is from a IT company! I got so confused during the voice call, and all I asked for was an explanation in writing. She got passive aggressive, and implied that as a customer I asked too many questions and did I want to have the discounted contract or not! (a veiled threat?)

So, apparently another VM employee "lying" about the "rolling credit" team?

The actual physical services I receive from VM are good - dealing with "customer services" is like looking forward to hitting your head against a brick wall...

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Save yourself the stress of trying to communicate any further with any more imaginary teams at VM.

Make a formal complaint to VM first of all (a required first step but only likely to result in a gobbledegook 'resolution' that resolves nothing)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

While waiting, collect your evidence of what you think was agreed via DSAR

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Escalate to arbitration following the process and timescales below

https://www.commsombudsman.org/our-process

Thanks for coming back to us Jewellery and once again, sorry for your experience with the teams so far. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I think I will have to wait until I receive some bills from VM with actual values on it to try and understand/evidence  what has been going on.

I was also verbally informed that I had terminated my original contract "early"  (by 4 days) and that would have to be taken into account! All that I did was contact VM in response to their e-mail saying that my discounted contract was coming to an end, and that they were going to hike the price astronomically!

At the time I first contacted VM to renegotiate a new contract, I was never advised "this new contract must start the day after the old one expires - otherwise there may be financial consequences!"

I just get the impression with all my dealings with "Customer Services" agents that they have not been trained effectively, and do not have the authority to keep customers satisfied and explain things in writing.

In my mind the company has the same mindset as the Post Office - sod the customers/postmasters as they get in the way of actually supporting the unfathomable bureaucracy of this monolith which does not appear to care about their customers. Does no-one have any common sense nowadays? 

Jewellery
Tuning in

Can you please provide me with a link to the VM website where it states how to go about making a Freedom of Information Request?

Or alternatively, the e-mail address of the "team" that deals with such requests.