cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Kit not arriving

walthamyank
On our wavelength

My VM account ended on 31st March. I have not received the return kit I was promised in order to return VM equipment. When can I expect it to arrive? I asked VM twice but was not told when to expect this return kit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi walthamyank, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've not received any returns pack yet. 

Checking things this end, it looks as though your equipment doesn't need to be returned which is why you've not received a returns pack so feel free to recycle/dispose of this. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi walthamyank, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've not received any returns pack yet. 

Checking things this end, it looks as though your equipment doesn't need to be returned which is why you've not received a returns pack so feel free to recycle/dispose of this. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Are you sure? All they've said is that I will receive a penalty if I don't return these couple of things. It makes sense, as they date from 2011.

Hi walthamyank, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Yes, I've double checked and any charges have already been cancelled as we no longer need the equipment back. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have the same issue, my account was also closed and services disconnected 31st March - that's another long and annoying story which I've shared elsewhere - but since I've heard nothing about whether Virgin are coming to collect kit or sending me a label to return it.

I'm constantly checking emails on both preferred and legacy Virgin addresses but after three weeks there's no information.

Clearly I don't want to be charged for the kit I don't want to keep!

What can I do?

Hi Eurekan, 

Thanks for taking the time to post in the Community. We're sorry to hear you're unsure on whether there is any equipment you need to return. 

Usually when disconnecting, the team will give you information on whether you need to return any equipment. 

Currently we only need the following equipment back:

• Hub 4
  • Hub 5
  • WiFi Pods
  • V6 box
  • 360 box
  • 360 mini box

This is subject to change but for now, if you do have any of these then you can return them by requesting a returns pack here. If you have anything else, please feel free to dispose of it yourself. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you for replying, Kath. As I have a Hub 3 and a Tivo box I'm now assuming Virgin doesn't want these items back.

Appreciate your help.

No worries at all @Eurekan 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Kath F. Thanks for your help. If it's possible to pass a message to those making these decisions, it would be helpful if they let customers or ex-customers know. All I've received is emails telling me that packaging is being sent. 

regards,

walthamyank

Thanks for coming back to us walthamyank, we will be sure to pass on your feedback to the concerned teams.

Just to clarify that as Kath said none of your equipment needs to be returned to us. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L