cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract and lost TNT

Atkinst
Joining in

Yesterday I renewed my package online. Have Maxit TV but lost TNT Sports in the process even though it said it was still included and I was still going to be on Maxit TV.   Said nothing would change and TNT Sports is clearly shown under the 4 channel packs on Maxit TV as included.

My new Contract summary sheet received by email also says I was still on Maxit TV but none says that TNT Sports has been removed, despite saying nothing would change. Anyone had this and managed to get it resolved ? Tried web chat and phoning but simply losing the will to live waiting for a reply. Thought I would try here. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

I've also had a peek at the "renew now and keep your same great package for the same great price" link,  only to see it isn't the same price or the same package!!

Sadly, there is a sentence somewhere near the bottom which says "just a heads up TNT Sports is no longer included in our packages" there is also a link which says you can continue to watch for an extra £18.

I currently pay about £87 and apparently the same great price is £107 minus TNT sports.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maxit is now a legacy package, and any amendments to your bundle will require a move to the current top-tier equivalent, Mega - which doesn't include TNT Sports.

If you have any contract documentation showing you moving onto Maxit, that would be very interesting - feel free to post it up on this forum thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If it says no changes then there should not be any changes regardless of what the new packages are...if they had put an asterix with a comment that some services such as TNT would not be included then thats acceptable.

Blatantly done to mislead people and encourage them to sign up for new contracts.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Others have reported this. They are not getting the same package that they expected.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

I've also had a peek at the "renew now and keep your same great package for the same great price" link,  only to see it isn't the same price or the same package!!

Sadly, there is a sentence somewhere near the bottom which says "just a heads up TNT Sports is no longer included in our packages" there is also a link which says you can continue to watch for an extra £18.

I currently pay about £87 and apparently the same great price is £107 minus TNT sports.

Ah, missed that. My price was is around £86 which is £3 higher than currently, but as you say, now minus TNT, which the kids will kill me for. Can’t afford another £18/month to watch the occasional champions leagues game of teams I don’t support. Very disappointing. 

Nickywhu
Joining in

The TNT wording was not there last week