cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew “same package” for a little extra … but not!

cru5ty316
Joining in

So got an email link to renew my subscription and said “the same exact package for a little extra” …. But its NOT the same package and I have now been moved from Maxit tv to Megatv and some of the channels will now cost a lot extra to subscribe to!?

In talks with complaints but they are not at all helpful just stating the package i am on would i like to add TNT sports as an extra. Feel mis-sold to be honest … has anyone experienced similar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi cru5ty316 

The email I received with my renewal offer does state that customers who have Maxit TV will no longer get TNT Sports included. Screenshot below

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi cru5ty316 

The email I received with my renewal offer does state that customers who have Maxit TV will no longer get TNT Sports included. Screenshot below

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

cru5ty316
Joining in

Thanks for your reply.

I clicked straight on the link, inside the renewal page. It just said there the exact same package for a little bit extra …. Thats what sold it to me, nothing about that on the page. 

As you have pointed out, I do now see in the email however it is there 😞 Bit of a trap as the link is near the top and that comment is at the bottom. Should not be advertising as the “same” when clearly it is not! Shame, the renewal page has got one over on me.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cru5ty316 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I clicked straight on the link, inside the renewal page. It just said there the exact same package for a little bit extra …. Thats what sold it to me, nothing about that on the page. 

As you have pointed out, I do now see in the email however it is there 😞 Bit of a trap as the link is near the top and that comment is at the bottom. Should not be advertising as the “same” when clearly it is not! Shame, the renewal page has got one over on me.

Hi again @cru5ty316 

Thanks for updating the thread. I agree VM should not be advertising the renewal as the “same” at the top of the page, and then stating further down that customers who have Maxit TV will no longer get TNT Sports included, as that can be, and is easily missed. It should be more prominent.

I've seen other posts here where customers have been allowed to add TNT sports for an additional £10 a month, some of those will have been authorised before the emails where changed as the original ones didn't mention the lack of TNT Sports - although I dare say some have had the additional discount authorised since then. 

It may be a good idea to make use of the 14 day cooling off period with it being an online transaction (if you are still within that period)  and ask them to cancel the new contract. They would then revert you back to your original contract (if possible) which would allow you to either cancel completely or re-negotiate a new deal.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.