cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoin as new customer

sheppardjulie
Joining in

My contract is up in June and I'm not happy with the offer that has been put to me. Can I cancel my contract and my son come in as a new customer without any time period being involved?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sheppardjulie

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum regarding your contract, renewal offer and cancellation, it's disappointing to hear we weren't able to offer you a package suitable. Welcome to the community.

When cancelling, to sign up as a new customer you would need to have been disconnected for 90 days, if there is someone else in the property they would be able to enquire as to a contract which would make them eligible for a new customer deal.

They would need to contact the team on 0800 183 1234 to discuss this.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sheppardjulie

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum regarding your contract, renewal offer and cancellation, it's disappointing to hear we weren't able to offer you a package suitable. Welcome to the community.

When cancelling, to sign up as a new customer you would need to have been disconnected for 90 days, if there is someone else in the property they would be able to enquire as to a contract which would make them eligible for a new customer deal.

They would need to contact the team on 0800 183 1234 to discuss this.

Rob

So just for clarification, if my son signed up there would be no time period needed? He could enquire straight away? So no 90 day period needed?

Thanks

Hi sheppardjulie,

If there is a disconnection booked on the account, your son would be able to speak to the sales team about a new deal yes.

Alex_Rm

Thank you 🙏

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, sheppardjulie.

If you do need anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Cherry2Blost
Joining in

Hi, we too have contacted VM about renewal of our package.

On VM website Mega Volt bundle is advertised as £60 for VM services and £25 for O2 SIM card. We have been with VM in all its alternate names unbroken for 30 years since August 1994 when we bought our first home. Called retentions and was quoted £115 for the VM services plus the £29 we are now paying for the O2 SIM.

My wife has instructed for 30 days notice of disconnection and I shall be applying for a new account in my name once the DC is on the system. Either that or move over to County fibre who are offering 900mb asynchronous for much less, and pick up a cheap sky package. Thus breaking 30 years of unbroken brand royalty.

Is this doable?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for posting 🙂

If the account is set up in a new name, this would be classed as a new customer, you would be unable to transfer over any phone numbers however.

Alex_Rm

Hello,

I have just cancelled my M500 contract because the new offered price would have been 50% more than EE or Sky would provide the same broadband speed. I was about to sign up with EE when I noticed my wife living in the same address who never been a virgin media customer could potentially sign up as a new customer with Virgin and getting the new customer prices?

If it is doable, when is her contract would start? Can we schedule her connection date to my disconnection date? Or is there some delay? As I am working from home, longer delay than a day is not doable for me, I would rather go to EE and start their contract a day before my disconnection day. 

So my question is, if my wife sign up as a new customer (but same household), when would her contact go live? Can we potentially just leave the existing router and wifi pod where they are and don't bother with postage?

Thanks.

It doesn't work like that.

You'd have to return all the old kit to VM, and the old connection must be terminated before the new connection could be created (There is a 'Going away form' predicament you could cause).

You didn't think VM would make it easy to get around the 'New customer deals' scenario!

Assuming EE/Sky is FTTP, going by the 'same broadband speed' comment, I'd go for that.