cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Renewed Contract and lost TNT

Doobydave
On our wavelength

I'm in the same situation with the renewal link, but I'm dubious about using it because of the fear of losing TNT. This is what I see when clicking the renewal link. There is no mention of TNT at all throughout the process, other than the page where it says, "What I have now, and click the link to keep the same "without losing a thing. Call me suspicious, but I think I have PTSD from my last run-in with Virgin Medai, and the £450 I got back was not worth it!Screenshot 2024-09-26 221745.pngScreenshot 2024-09-26 215153.png

5 REPLIES 5

Doobydave
On our wavelength

Typical great comms from VM. I've not had any email about TNT sports being removed, only that my contract is coming to an end. In My Account, I can click a lick to renew the same services (TNT listed as an existing service), but when I click the link TNT is not listed. Call me cynical, but is it likely that TNT will disappear? I guess TNT maybe included in the Maxit TV bundle, but that is apparently discontinued there is no information about it. I'm dubious about clicking the renewal button - I still have PTSD from my last run in with Virgin Media dodgy practices - The £450 I got was not worth it!Screenshot 2024-09-26 215153.png

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are right to be wary. There have been loads of recent complaints about TNT disappearing from renewals which are supposed to be 'the same'.

Here is an explanation which may help

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Contract-Renewal-Maxit-TV-and-TNT-S...

If the last of your images is the renewal, and the above linked info is correct, I read that as you will not renew with TNT.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Doobydave thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

It is true that our new TV bundle, Mega TV no longer has TNT Sport included as part of it. However, your offering there shows Maxit TV, which does by standard.

It is possible this change may remove TNT Sport for you but if your contract states Maxit TV we can look to resolve this for you if it does disappear.

If you want to proceed with this change and let us know if you need our assistance, we can look to intervene if necessary.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Doobydave
On our wavelength

Thanks. I went with the change and will monitor TNT and get back to you if it's an issue. I have 14 days to cancel and the new services will be active 7-10 days so i'll have to be nimble. I'll likley cancel if TNT is not included, purely based on the principle of the 1st image ""without losing a thing." I'd call that misselling but i won't go through a complaints process again.

Doobydave
On our wavelength

Thanks, goslow,
I didn't see that thread last night when searching so useful stuff. I'll be sure to come back and update on what happens.