cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Read. Be Aware.Contract Renewal

mupps
Joining in

Below is a timeline/description of my major problem renewing my package:

1. November 28th, I accepted an offer to renew my exact same deal for £50 via email virgin sent.Cirrent deal expires in January.

2.After looking at my account. Nothing had changed to the new deal/contract i accepted.

3.12th December is where the (not so fun), started. I called them, got put through to cancelation/retentions..Here i was told the webteam offer i accepted had not been approved due to a system malfunction at there end.I have the CSS and CIS paperwork in my email and hard copy that says i accepted the new deal. However, i was told that the deal would be honoured.I could name names....The agent said they would call back at 12.30pm 14th December....Heard nothing.

4. After logging into my account my current contract had disappeared. Replaced with a new one for £124.75 .Not what I agreed...I was told a rolling credit of £74.75p would be added to bring this down to £50...

5.Fast forward to 23rd December after several calls and promises (broken), contract changes etc..All promising the £50 per month deal, yet not showing in new contract on MyVM account.

6.After the call yesterday 23rd December, again, I was told that the £50 per month package i signed up for would be agreed..Again a rolling credit, that had to be renewed every 3 months by myself ringing up virgin to action this..Figures as follows on my new contract..£127 per month.No rolling credit of £77 showing..More startling was the request that my next payment /bill is for £230.06p , due onthe 16th January, again none of what i agreed, so still in limbo with what should have been a simple contract renewal on 28th November.

All n all...Take from this what you will, I will be terminating my contract with VM, unless i see on my account/bills that shows£50 per month as I agreed, Secondly, i will be forwarding all the relevant correspondence to ombudsman for there information.....Finally, and most importantly, I do not know how they can get away with this, misselling, handing out contracts that were not agreed, really poor customer service to the point where lies are being told and promises not being followed up.......Good luck all, when your contract is up and renewal negotations start.

9 REPLIES 9

mupps
Joining in

Below is a timeline/description of my major problem renewing my package:

1. November 28th, I accepted an offer to renew my exact same deal for £50 via email virgin sent.Cirrent deal expires in January.

2.After looking at my account. Nothing had changed to the new deal/contract i accepted.

3.12th December is where the (not so fun), started. I called them, got put through to cancelation/retentions..Here i was told the webteam offer i accepted had not been approved due to a system malfunction at there end.I have the CSS and CIS paperwork in my email and hard copy that says i accepted the new deal. However, i was told that the deal would be honoured.I could name names....The agent said they would call back at 12.30pm 14th December....Heard nothing.

4. After logging into my account my current contract had disappeared. Replaced with a new one for £124.75 .Not what I agreed...I was told a rolling credit of £74.75p would be added to bring this down to £50...

5.Fast forward to 23rd December after several calls and promises (broken), contract changes etc..All promising the £50 per month deal, yet not showing in new contract on MyVM account.

6.After the call yesterday 23rd December, again, I was told that the £50 per month package i signed up for would be agreed..Again a rolling credit, that had to be renewed every 3 months by myself ringing up virgin to action this..Figures as follows on my new contract..£127 per month.No rolling credit of £77 showing..More startling was the request that my next payment /bill is for £230.06p , due onthe 16th January, again none of what i agreed, so still in limbo with what should have been a simple contract renewal on 28th November.

All n all...Take from this what you will, I will be terminating my contract with VM, unless i see on my account/bills that shows£50 per month as I agreed, Secondly, i will be forwarding all the relevant correspondence to ombudsman for there information.....Finally, and most importantly, I do not know how they can get away with this, misselling, handing out contracts that were not agreed, really poor customer service to the point where lies are being told and promises not being followed up.......Good luck all, when your contract is up and renewal negotations start.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hopefully staff here will pick this up and sort it - you might get all sorts of reasons why they cannot - all BS but it seems to depend who picks it up - they are more than capable of sorting it

if not open a complaint which will likely be fobbed off or lost or simply ignored - all fine - if its fobbed off ask for a deadlock letter which they are legally bound to give but it seems VM interpretation of the law can differ - again no worries - if you get the letter go to arbitration and they should sort it - add £100 or more for the rubbish you have had to suffer

officially if you open a complaint and cannot get a deadlock letter then you have to way 8 weeks [might be 6 - not sure] but even if it goes that route drop the arbitrator a mail or give them a ring

one way or another if you want to stay with VM you will get the deal you were offered - but you will need to push

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mupps,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your contract, I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you via private message.

Joe

Thanks for the reply Tony. Very inciteful.I dont want to leave Virgin, but  will do if  things are not corrected.

I will follow up on your advice, if within next 2 weeks Virgin have not sorted this.I have been absolutely gobsmacked by the excuses, poor communciation and sheer outrageousness of the charges which are now hanging on my account...Thanks again.

Hi RedWine45

Firstly , Merry Christmas and thanks for a thoroughly inciteful take on how they now operate.Never had anything like this in the past when renewing, yet this deception by VM is a whole new level.

Yes.I will keep at it it either way until its resolved, or a bail out of the contract (14 day cool off), if not satisfied.

An agent with the name Joseph_B has PM'd me and asked for details on the account to look into. I was very sceptical to do this due to scammers wanting PI etc, however, he seems legit, due to his rating on the forum, and the fact I am just at loss to get it sorted out.

Was wondering, if it does not get sorted before next payment, (mid Jan), am i with in my rights to cancel DD, and pay by other means just what i owe them if i end up terminating ?

Thanks Again.

mupps
Joining in

So going on from my initial post regarding my VM bundle renewal. I have been told by VM representative on here, that my deal will be honoured at £50 per month.....My concern is though that on my VM media online account, the first bill and ongoing deal are stated as £230.06p (first bill), (£93.06p) of contract change in that, which i have not made, just same package but new contract ,then £137 per month subsequently. Apparantly the contract , cannot be created to reflect a £50 deal...Or show the 'rolling credit' amount to offset the bill...Even though my last contract was £41 per month as stated on each monthly bill.

Bill date is around 16th January, I'll probably see how this pans out, hopefully only the £50 will be taken as promised.Just concerned that the 14 day cooling off period will have expired by date of first payment.

Thanks for listening

mupps
Joining in

Having just looked at my VM account, Credit to the agreed amount has been applied. Hopefully this is closure on this drawn out episode.

I would like to thank all for the advice and help given on here, especially the VM forum Team member who dealt with this via private message. Looks like all is resolved after many phone calls by using the forum.

Thanks again 

Hey @mupps Thanks for speaking with us today on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad the issue was resolved by our forums team and by my colleague.
I will pass the feedback on and let the team know of Joe's hard work.

Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Roger123
Dialled in

mupps    Roger123 here. I sympathise with you particularly as regards your next payment/bill being £230.06.? My Wife and I are *elderly (and I am suffering from Parkinson's disease rather badly as a result of STRESS caused by joining Virgin Media on the **2nd October, 2023). We were 'hoodwinked' (basically *confused) into taking 'Weekend Chatter' after being given 3 (three) different 'estimated' bills. To cut a long story short, our FIRST ever bill came to £313.12. of which £174.97. was for 'call usage charges' during the period of the **2nd October, 2023 up until the 13th October, 2023! Thank God we were able to pay this extortionate amount which we objected to ***vigorously! We knew only too well and had proof that Virgin Media were quite capable of taking some poor, unsuspecting Customer to Court for as little as £55.00.

***As usual, penny-pinching Virgin Media, 'who would have the skin off a bowl of rice pudding', defended our FIRST ever bill with a 40 (forty) page black 'diatribe' in non understandable (to an average 'layman'), technical language and we had to give in! This was put forward by their Solicitor, Isabel Marsden?

mupps  hope this makes you feel a little better and we wish you and all Virgin Media Customers a Happy and Healthy  and Successful New Year.   Roger 123  Saturday, the 30th December, 2023.