cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Account Offers To Upgrade Package A Scam?

MrH01
Tuning in

I have an offer to upgrade my package to 1 gig broadband and a £10pm O2 SIM, the full order went through and I have received documents by email to acknowledge the order with new contracts.

It has never showed on my account and 3 weeks later I still have nothing. I have contacted support on 5 occasions over whatsapp in this time and to begin with I was told to wait a little longer for it to show up and go through. Each time they have tried to up-sell me something different at a much higher cost. The offer is still on my account and I can still take it through to my basket and take it out again. I suggested that I do this again to the final operative I spoke with and they encouraged me to take up their inflated offer instead as I may have the same problem (No surprise there).

I get the feeling that these online offers in your account area dont mean anything to Virgin Media and are just an excuse to get you to contact them when it doesn't go through and then try to sting you for more money.

Iv raised complaints with VM. Iv also taken screen grabs of all the conversations, the offers still on my account along with the contracts they sent through by email and will contact the Advertising Standards Authority to see if any rules are being broken.

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrH01, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with an online deal going through. Once accepted within My VM, they go to a back office to process. This can take up to 2 weeks depending on how busy they are. 

When it comes to ordering a SIM, if there's been an issue with the order then it's likely something on the account from stopping the order being fulfilled or an issue on the O2 side stopping it. 

This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

kraigoss
Joining in

Kath from this forum told me there was a problem with Direct Debit details which 5 other agents were unable to tell me over the past 3 weeks. I don’t think I put any details in wrong but I can’t prove otherwise. I have signed up to the online deal again through my account and taken screen shots of everything so I have proof this time around. I will update how things progress over next few weeks. Still no open order showing on my account at the moment.

MrH01
Tuning in

Still no progress and still no open order showing on my account...........