cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old router virgin asked me to recycle it

rogerwstebbings
Joining in

Virgin asked for room routers  to be returned  I've  returned the present one  but the older one was years ago and at the time virgin said they didn't  want it back  and asked me to take it to the local  recycling  centre  which  I did  so therefore  I can't send it back

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is at least the second post I've seen here about requests to send back old routers that people had years ago.

Not only that, but seemingly if not returned will be charged for?  Has something gone amiss with the inventory system?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There was a flurry of similar emails last autumn when VM suddenly started wanting equipment back that might already have been disposed of legitimately by the customer

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Please-return-the-unused-Virgin-Med...

Just another routine piece of VM maladministration, most likely.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rogerwstebbings 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in 😔

In order to look into this for you, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel