cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Return of Hub Charge of £40 - But I have returned it and have proof!

AliMacD
Joining in

Hi,

I closed my Virgin Broadband account earlier this year and returned the Hub using the box etc provide by Virgin (left at a Yodel pick up point on 13th March 24 and have a Tracking Reference number to prove this).  I subsequently got texts and emails suggesting that I hadn't returned the equipment and that I would be charged a fee of £40! I then tried to have it sorted on a chat on 3rd April and was assured that it was sorted and there would be no charge (i have a print out of the Chat)! A Virgin representative then called to my door on 9th April (un solicited) looking to collect the equipment. I explained to him that it was already returned and he accepted this and said he'd note it and took the Tracking number from me. I today received an email from Virgin saying that my new Bill was ready and, having logged into what should be a zero balance account, I now see a £40 charge has been applied and suggesting it it overdue. Can this be sorted once and for all as it is causing unnecessary stress and harassment. 

4 REPLIES 4

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AliMacD Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the charge you have been given in relation to the equipment despite having proof of the return.
May I ask is it the receipt you have from Yodel / Collect+ when you dropped it off at the pickup point?

Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AliMacD
Joining in

Yes, I have the Tracking Number from the Yodel Collection Point.....the Hub was dropped off there on 13th March 24!

Thanks for the reply @AliMacD 🧾

I will assist you further and send a private message.
Watch out for the envelope inviting you in. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @AliMacD on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I can confirm that everything has been resolved now after getting in touch with the team. 🙂
Do reach out to us for any other future queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team