cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No verification email

MrsJJB
Joining in

Hello friends….

I need to change my memorable word as I have forgotten it! 
I have logged into my virgin media account and it’s instructing me to change my sign in email address with a different one
I have a gmail account, I’ve entered this email and clicked save

i then get this message

‘You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes.’

i am not receiving any verification email to either email address. I have done this several times, nothing in spam folder either
its very frustrating…….😡

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey MrsJJB, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Do you mean the password to login to your online account?

Normally the memorable word if used to passed security on your account not the email login in.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider trying the following workaround for this issue:

1. submit a different Sign in Email Address
    For example, test@example.com — in this case there is no server running for the message to be delivered to, i.e. mail delivery fails and is returned to sender.
  2. resubmit the original Sign in Email Address and this time keep the page open until you receive the verification link email

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Let us know if the advice has helped 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Dear Matt

Thanks for your message

I can log into my account no problem 

I had an issue with my VM services and had to speak to an agent who requested my memorable word

i could not remember it. I had to go through further security questions before he would help me. He advised me to reset my memorable word on my account so I do not have issues in future 

I attempted to do this, but after creating a new gmail email account as instructed, I am not getting any verification email so cannot edit the memorable word. 

Neither of your suggestions are helpful
But thanks for your message

Hi @MrsJJB 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MrsJJB 

Thanks for joining me on PM and confirming you've managed to sort this out 🙂

Please do pop back if you ever need further assistance.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill