cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - Verification Link Expired

excited-ocelot
Joining in

Hi,

I recently signed up for home broadband. The service is installed and working fine

I’m trying to set up my online account. I received a link to complete setup, but the link expired. It gives an option to send a new verification link, but clicking that, also gives a ‘verification link expired’ message. I’ve gone around the loop of requesting new links about 5 times, and all are ‘expired’.

Searching online, I see that other people have had this problem too.

Please advise.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @excited-ocelot 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear about the online account activation issue. From doing a system check, it appears you've gone ahead and verified it since posting. I hope everything has resolved itself for you but do let us know if there's anything further you need help with.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

I just tried again. It seems that my email address is verified. When I attempt to log in, it asks for my email and password. I don't recall setting up a password (other than the one for this forum, which seems to be separate). I click 'forgot password', but it says 'you can't reset your password because additional details have not been set up'.

Can you make it send a reset password link perhaps? Preferably a link that's valid for a few days, as I don't often look at my email.

Or is there some other solution?

Thanks very much.

Hi @excited-ocelot,

Thank you for the update. That's odd, if there's an account set up then you should then be able to reset the password if needed.

Would you mind clearing cache and cookies and giving it another try? If it doesn't work, please confirm what the error message says exactly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks Zach. I cleared cookies and cache, and tried to reset my password again. I receive this error message.

Contact us
You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.
To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

Hi @excited-ocelot,

Thanks for coming back to us and we're sorry to hear that you're still facing this issue! 

In order to have this looked into, I'll need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Then I'll be able to  reset your online account password.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @excited-ocelot,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message and confirming that you're able to sign into your online account now without any issues! 🙂

Glad to hear it! If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I am having the exact same problem. Cannot log in and stuck in an endless loop of email verification messages.

Hey @excited-ocelot Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the verification link not working. 😞
I will assist you on this and get this sorted out for you.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Lostcustomer1 on the VM forums.👋🏼

I'm glad I have been able to assist and get this sorted out for you.
As advised - change the password so that only you have access to it.

Reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team