cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New deal

AdamJD
Joining in

Hi.

My current deal is coming to an end soon and I was contacted by phone from a lovely member of the team who offered me a fantastic new deal. I wanted to go ahead with it but unfortunately had poor phone signal and was repeatedly disconnected. This was 10 days ago and haven’t received a phone call since. Have just done a live chat but the deal I was offered there was terrible. Is there anyway I can get in touch to accept the original offer?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AdamJD,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that the line disconnected when you were discussing a potential new offer. Our offers are subject to change, so it's possible that the original deal you discussed is no longer available. Have you tried reaching back out to the retentions team on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. 
So I spoke to the retentions team on the 15th April who told me they would raise a ticket to request the recorded conversation be accessed and I could then have the original offer. They said this takes a couple of days but I have heard nothing in 2 weeks! I then get a call 3 days ago from renewal team, I explained the situation but she has no info on previous calls and can’t give me the original offer. She told me she would get me a call back from customer service dept within 2 hours, I’ve been waiting since Tuesday! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try requesting call recordings yourself via the D-SAR process - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar-faq

That said, VM's retentions offers are quite often "of the moment" and should generally be regarded as gone, unless you specifically accept there & then. Given this scenario could quite possibly end up tying itself in knots, what are the prices like for comparable services from other suppliers? That would give a good negotiating position if they're competitive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @AdamJD thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you did not receive a promised call back. And sorry for any inconvenience your reported experience may have caused. I'd like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @AdamJD we've reached out to you privately and we're here if you need us.

Regards

Lee