cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract applied when I moved

amyelizaa
Joining in

I took out an 18 month contract in March 2022. When I moved home in Feb 2023 I contacted Virgin to take the contract, which was due to end in Sept 2023, with me. At the time the Virgin person on WhatsApp customer service confirmed my existing contract details and asked me if I wanted to change anything. I replied that nothing should be changed (I have the WhatsApp messages that confirm this). Today, I contacted Virgin to cancel as I’ve been out of contract for 6+ months. I found that Virgin put me onto a new contract (same terms higher price!) at the time I moved and the woman today told me I can’t cancel until August! For a contract to be valid there must be an offer and acceptance. There was never acceptance  on my part - in fact I expressly said nothing in my old contract should be changed. Therefore I need Virgin to cancel my contact, not fob me off and tell me it’s not possible. I have also raised a complaint regarding this matter. 

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @amyelizaa Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to see the issue with the contract expiry you are having. 😢
I will assist you on this and get the matter resolved for you.

I will send a private message to further assist on this. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs