cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix through virgin 360 box

Richy60
Joining in

Hi, I'm new to the community so here's my enquiry, last September i upgraded to a virgin 360 Box and shortly after wards subscribed to Netflix at a cost of £15.99. I hadn't planned on having it for long at that price anyway, and around November time i decided to cancel, so logged into my virgin media account, clicked on the "entertainment services" tab and cancelled Netflix. A small clock icon appeared also the "remaining days left" but also a "renewal date" was showing. I didn't want to renew, just cancel and as it transpired i was charged again for another months subscription further down the line. I did contact virgin about this and received a refund and was given assurance my Netflix subscription would be cancelled but it has happened again, i have had to go through the process as before and again been given a renewal date ????. Has anyone else had a similar issue and how was it resolved. How can something so easy be so difficult.

9 REPLIES 9

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Richy60 Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼
I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with the Netflix subscription recently.

May I ask if you are being billed for Netflix through Virgin Media or is it apart of your essential services? I.e. Netflix is included within your bundle.
Choosing to be billed for Netflix through Virgin Media can be cancelled at any time, as does paying for the premium Netflix service (which is discounted) when it is part of your package, but if you do cancel the one which is part of your package, then you will revert to the free option tha comes with it until the end of your contract.

In relation to how to cancel Netflix, unfortunately this cannot be done by us as the account itself is with Netflix.
Please check here on guidelines to do this or visit here for more information.

Let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for getting in touch, I'm billed for Netflix through virgin media, i took out the subscription as an "add on " shortly after getting the 360 box. What i also find strange, i no longer have an account with Netflix, i closed that a while ago??.

Best regards 

Thanks for the reply @Richy60.

When accessing Netflix, did you login with an email address?
I.e. through the Virgin Media TV box?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I'm sure i used my email address, the one i use for all of my communications.

Regards Richard

Hi, After my last post i thought i would double check the details in the Netflix app on the 360 box, I've noticed they have an account email address with a letter missing??, so when i initially set up the account i may have put in an incomplete email address. Would this have anything to do with why i can't  cancel through Virgin Media.

Regards

To add to the above, if i try to sign in using my email address in its correct way, i get a notification saying no account can found with those sign-in details, which would be true, as they must have the one on their system with the letter missing ??.

Regards

Hi Richy60

Happy New Year!

Thanks for providing further details for us. 

If you opted in to be billed for Netflix through us, rather than signing up to a package which has Netflix included, you wouldn't need to have your email addresses matching. In which case, it does sound like you have just signed up to be billed for Netflix through us, in which case, you would need to contact Netflix directly in order for them to stop the billing. I'm afraid that it is not something which we can do for you on this side.

Kind regards

Beth

Hi Beth, Happy new year to you and indeed all the community, and thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Because i don't have an account as such, what are my best options for making contact with Netflix.

Best regards

Thanks for coming back to us @Richy60.

Are you able to log into Netflix at all on an application via a mobile phone or tablet?

If so, it may be best to follow these steps;

If you're a Netflix member, sign in to the Netflix app and follow these steps:

1. In the lower right, tap My Netflix.
  2. In the upper right, tap More or .
  3. Tap Help .
  4. Tap the Call or Chat button.

When searching for a contact number for Netflix assistance based in the UK, the number to call appears to be 0800 096 6379

Thanks,

David_Bn