cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix hacked

bighs
Joining in

My netflix is now showing all my profiles as locked and requires a pin code also these profiles have Spanish names against them.

I have called Netflix who confim the account was compromised and my email changed.

They said to get Virginmedia to close this Netflix account and open a new one.

They cannot do any more and said to call Virgimedia --- they cant seem to do anything ..

Who can help ?

30 REPLIES 30

bighs
Joining in

Tried to access Neflix and found my profiles changed and locks put on the profiles.

The profile names appear to be Spanish.

I cannot change back as the profiles require a pin.

I got an email saying my Netflix package has changed - I did nit change anything.

I have contacted Virgin Who have said for me to contact Netflix.

I have contacted Netflix and at tye end they said there is nothing they can do and cut me off the chat.

So have the hackers won ? and are getting free Netflix on my account.

This is going round in circles and I am getting Knowhere - any help out there please ?

Have you ever had a VM TV box, with your Netflix account on it, swapped out by VM for a new one? Sometimes VM appear not to wipe the Netflix profile from the old TV box before allocating it to another customer. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bighs,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your Netflix package at the moment. Virgin Media wouldn't be able to close your Netflix account, that would need to be done by Netflix themselves as we aren't able to close Netflix accounts. The email that has been hacked, is that a Virgin Media email address? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

bighs
Joining in

yes, its a blueyonder email.

after many calls chats to and fro between netflix and virgin I am no nearer a solution.

Netflix insist that only the bill payer (virginmedia) can close the account then a new one can be restarted.

Resolved, 

The 4th agent at Netflix after 4 days of calls has finally got me back working.

Thanks for coming back to us with an update bighs and I'm glad to hear that you have been able to get your issues resolved by Netflix.

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Stephen_L

Sorry that's not strictly true. VM can request Netflix to cancel an account.

I was suffered a hack the same as bighs. I contacted VM and they told me to contact Netflix, I did, Netflix couldn't do anything, and told me it was a VM issue - so I was stuck in a circle.

So, to stop it, VM cancelled the payment from my account to Netflix. Then a VM representative sent a form to Netflix to tell them what happened and to close the hacked account, which they did.

I now have a new Netflix account, supplied by VM, under my new email address.

Thanks, Jerry

This may have been different circumstances, as bighs has advised, it was Netflix agent that resolved this for him but we appreciate you posting your experience.

Rob

Hi Rob

Sorry, but no, it was the very same circumstances. I had exactly the same issue bighs had, my VM email was hacked, and my Netflix was taken over by a Spanish account, and all profiles pin blocked. I was told by certain VM reps that they can't close a Netflix account, when in fact you can send a request form in to close it, which happened in my instance. I know Netflix solved this issue, but VM can too when stuck by Netflix actions. Check my account, you'll see the same happened. So I don't understand when I read on this community replies from VM saying only Netflix can solve the issue.

Also, shouldn't VM be doing something about all these hacked accounts? Seems like a data breach has happened. I for one only used the password I had for my VM email, nothing else, and somehow someone got it, as they did with MANY others.

Jerry