cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX ADDED TO MY BILL WITHOUT ME ORDERING IT

dougiewaller
Tuning in

Received my Virgin Media bill yesterday and discovered that Netflix premium has been added to my account. 

I have never ordered this. I live on my own so impossible for anyone else in my household to have ordered this without my knowledge.

Looking elsewhere on this forum I see I am not alone. Obviously Virgin Media has a security issue that has led to many customer accounts being hacked.

Having spoken to what is loosely described as 'customer service' last night, I was told that it could take up to 10 days for any resolution which will mean that payment will probably taken and include this fraudulent charge.

I am absolutely furious about this and the lack of support. Some organisations just do not understand the stress this causes - I simply cannot afford this, that is why I would never have ordered it.

If anyone could suggest a course of action I would be obliged.

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks, I have considered doing this!

I get what you are saying, but I don't think I am worried about getting a bad credit rating etc

Hi again Joseph_B

Okay, how do I private message you to discuss this?

Hi @dougiewaller 

I can see that you have a private message thread already opened with Joseph_B. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. Here you'll be able to respond to Joseph_B private message and they'll assist you further on this. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

benidoine
On our wavelength

This happened to me.  It is fraud and identity theft.  Report Virgin to Action Fraud and Ofcom.  They are not taking the appropriate action to prevent this, and if they take your money after you tell them you did not add it, they are committing a crime.