cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NETFLIX ADDED TO MY BILL WITHOUT ME ORDERING IT

dougiewaller
Tuning in

Received my Virgin Media bill yesterday and discovered that Netflix premium has been added to my account. 

I have never ordered this. I live on my own so impossible for anyone else in my household to have ordered this without my knowledge.

Looking elsewhere on this forum I see I am not alone. Obviously Virgin Media has a security issue that has led to many customer accounts being hacked.

Having spoken to what is loosely described as 'customer service' last night, I was told that it could take up to 10 days for any resolution which will mean that payment will probably taken and include this fraudulent charge.

I am absolutely furious about this and the lack of support. Some organisations just do not understand the stress this causes - I simply cannot afford this, that is why I would never have ordered it.

If anyone could suggest a course of action I would be obliged.

14 REPLIES 14

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dougiewaller,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your recent bill and the Netflix charge that was added, did my colleague that you spoke to confirm what they were doing that could take up to 10 days for this to clear through?

Joe

Hello Joseph_B

As your colleague was obviously in an overseas office with a lot of background noise (including at one point cheering and applause!!), I found it difficult to understand all that was being said. I heard '10 days' but that was not really explained as a timescale to resolving this issue.

Is anyone from a UK based office likely to contact me by phone to explain progress to correcting this issue? From reading other comments on this forum it is obvious that Virgin Media do not rush to correct this and safeguard their customers accounts from 'hacking'.

I look forward to your reply.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dougiewaller,

With this we can go about looking into this further with you here, for me to do this I will need to go about confirming some information from you via a private message which I will go about sending to you now.

Joe

dougiewaller
Tuning in

So, my last bill showed Netflix premium added to my account as an extra. This was not ordered by me or anyone else in my household (I live alone). After much anguish caused by this, it was deducted from my account by the time the direct debit payment was taken.

Well who would have thought that such a caring organisation as Virgin Media would supply me with my next bill with Netflix on it again. After assurances that it would be removed, the bill states that is an outstanding amount.

Come on Virgin Media, do your job properly. Take this off my bill - PERMANENTLY.

ANYONE FROM VIRGIN MEDIA LIKE TO TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THIS AND CONTACT ME?

Hi @dougiewaller 

I can see you have been speaking to my colleague in relation to this via PM. 

If you are still experiencing issues, please resume the PM for further support. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dougiewaller_0-1711193456694.png

Why has this been added to my bill AGAIN.

I did not order Netflix, nor has anyone in my household as I live alone.

Please sort this out so I do not have to waste my time contacting Virgin Media. It is causing me anguish, sleepless nights and unwelcome debt.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dougiewaller,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this has happened again, we were recently speaking via Private message with regards to this, if you come back to me there we can discuss this further.

Joe

patier
Tuning in

cancel your direct debit set uo a standing order for he correct amount less the money they scammed and watch the emails

come lol.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Bad advice from @patier. Unfortunately you have to pay otherwise VM will make it very nasty for you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.