cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract was renewed after moving without my knowledge

Helena82
Joining in

My old contract started on the 7 th of October 2022 and I had to move from my rented property I. January 2024. My contract should have ended the 4th of April 2024. Since they raised my monthly charges to 68 pounds and I can have a better speed provided from £33 I decided to move  but the team on the call told me I have to stay untill 2025 now and sent me a new contract. They lied to me that the address move was an automatic contract renewal while the documents sent to me on the 5th of January are my old contract and not entering a new one. I agreed to pay 69 for double the speed on Friday but it's still less than the 1GB I could have for £ 45 with other providers and I am not happy that I was mislead into agreeing to a new contract .

1 REPLY 1

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us on our Community Forums @Helena82, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the renewal of the contract term upon moving from your former to current property.

This simply shouldn't happen - with the initial contract period agreed being carried over to the new address.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn