cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract is due to end on 21st April, but I've recieved bill for 26th April to 25th May

purpleivan
On our wavelength

Hi

I cancelled my Virgin Media broadband contract on 22nd March, as I was moving to an area not served by VM and recieved an email on 22nd March telling me that my end date was 21st April. However, I have today received a bill from VM for 26th April to 25th March.

As this period this new bill covers services for a period starting 5 days after my contract period ends, the bill is entirely in error. I tried calling the customer helpline (0345 454 1111) but all relevant options in relation to billing result a text message being sent to my phone with a link that doesn't help me and the call being ended.

I would be grateful some help with this, as it seems to be impossible to have this dealt with over the phone.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @purpleivan thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any concerns receiving a bill that covers the time period after your services are scheduled to disconnect. Please be assured that provided you do not either stop or delay the date of your cancellation, that any advance charges on that bill will be credited back to your Virgin Media account.  So that I can offer you further reassurance, I would like to take a look at your account.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @purpleivan thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of any concerns receiving a bill that covers the time period after your services are scheduled to disconnect. Please be assured that provided you do not either stop or delay the date of your cancellation, that any advance charges on that bill will be credited back to your Virgin Media account.  So that I can offer you further reassurance, I would like to take a look at your account.  I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Njk
Tuning in

Hi, I gave 30days notice and am 1 month in advance contract ends 20th so my last bill I paid extra to cover until 28th April and I received a new bill for the high price over double what I paid/pay. I am not willing to pay it and wait to get refunded it within 45 days so they better make a new bill. I try to deal with everything through chat and screenshot it for proof as they never resolve or can answer anything correct or useful!

Good morning @Njk 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

We do advance bill so your penultimate bill will be for a time period after disconnection. A few days after the disconnection has gone through, you'll receive a final statement.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Tavis75
Super solver

I'm in the same boat, gave notice late in March and service ended yesterday (18th of April) my last paid bill covered my services until the 9th of May (so, long after my contract ended), so expected to eventually get a refund of that overpayment. I now see I have my next bill showing, which is marked as my final bill and that has a charge for services from 10th May to the 9th of June, so nearly 2 months after my contract ends.

I can understand paying a little bit past the end of my contract on the last bill and having to wait for a refund due to the advance billing, but the fact that I'm being charged for a month of services (that I'm not receiving) that doesn't even start until long after my contract ended on a bill that was generated after I gave my notice, just seems like a money grab.

Obviously I will (hopefully) get the money back eventually, but still annoying having to pay out around £100 and then wait some time to finally get back what will be almost £150 that I have been overcharged (assuming VM don't mess up the refund).

Hi Tavis75

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Your bills will be produced as normal, even if there is a pending disconnection on the account.

Once the account closes, you will be automatically refunded for any advance charges past the date of disconnection.

I'd be happy to check this for you if you have any concerns regarding the final bill.

I will send you a private message now.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi John_GS

The problematic bill isn't for for a period of advanced billing, as it's for a period that starts 6 days after my contact and service ends. I gave 30 days notice of ending my contract on 22nd March and this was recognised by Virgin Media as I have an email from the company, showing the contract end date as 21st April, so my being billed from 26th April to 25th May has to be be incorrect.

purpleivan
On our wavelength

As additional information, I have been out of a fixed term contract period for some time (my last one ended in December last year) and I didn't start a new fixed term, as I was buying a house in an area not served by Virgin Media, so there was no point in starting a new fixed term contract. Therefore, my liability to pay for service should have ended at the end of the 30 day notice period (21st April) for cancelling my service and not (as according to the most recent bill) up to 25th May.

purpleivan
On our wavelength

For anyone coming across this thread, the issue is resolved now, as there is a credit being applied to my account which is a little larger (£10.50) than the wierd bill for the period after my contract ended.

So, ended up being £10.50 in credit, which I guess will make it to my account fairly soon.