cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing £50 Referral Reward

alantodd141
Tuning in

I neither my referrer have not received our £50 referral rewards after 3 months of service.

Refer a friend is a Virgin scam.

I tried logging into Aklamio after being told to do so by a Vigin media call handle and there is no rewards for me or my referrer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're not the first to come here asking about this. 

What happens is that Virginmedia and Aklamio will each keep sending you back to the other, in the hope that you will eventually give up and go away without the money.

Just remember that your broadband contract is with Virginmedia, not Aklamio. The money will come from Virginmedia, if you can get it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @alantodd141,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that you are having this issue with your referral rewards, with this can you confirm the person who referred you, did they register and speak to Aklamio at the point of their referral to make sure this was noted?

Joe

No we did not register with Aklamio.

After I doing a Vitgin media internet price check when searching for my internet service, I was contacted by a VM sales assistant called Jill who set up my account over a phone call. I told her that my nephew had verbally referred me to VM and she said she would set up the rewards referral so that me and my nephew would receive £50 each. I have text messages proving she promised this. Jill told me we would both receive emails before 3 months of service instructing us how to claim our £50 rewards but this has not happened and I can find no rewards for us on Aklamio.

HI alantodd141

Thank you for expanding on this. 

There is a process that needs to followed when referring someone. This is below. 

First, you need to get your referral link and code.

To do this:

1. Visit the Refer a friend page
  2. Select Refer now
  3. Enter your email address and select Continue
  4. Receive your unique referral link and code
  5. When you get your referral link, simply share this with a friend or family member.

Your friend can then use the link to purchase online or get an exclusive referral code that can be used over the phone (the referral code can’t be used online though). If they make a purchase using your link or code, you’ll both receive a cashback reward worth up to £50.

• For Virgin Media referrals (broadband, TV, landline services) you'll get £50 cashback.

You can see how much you’ve earnt by signing in to your referral account with Virgin Media’s referral partner, Aklamio.

You’ll both receive your rewards 60 days after your friend’s installation date (if they purchased a service) or delivery date (if they bought a phone).

I can see you mentioned our sales agent agreed this over text message. Could you please send us a picture of that conversation? Please ensure any personal details are not visible. 

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The Virgin Media Sales agent is called Jill and her mobile number ends 4075. You should be able to locate her and you can then check with her what she promised.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're not the first to come here asking about this. 

What happens is that Virginmedia and Aklamio will each keep sending you back to the other, in the hope that you will eventually give up and go away without the money.

Just remember that your broadband contract is with Virginmedia, not Aklamio. The money will come from Virginmedia, if you can get it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

FlockWallpaper
Dialled in

Also ‘Jill’ (and that’s almost certainly not her name), lied to you, it got you signed up, she got her commission and moved on.

Thank you for confirming this.

Can you just confirm if your friend went through the link she was given?

Going through the link is the only way to get the referral fee. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Me neither my friend went through any links. Jill the Virgin media rep who contacted me by phoning me after I was looking online for internet package prices took my and my friends details and she said she would complete all the nessecary steps to ensure both me and my referring friend would get £50 each  within 3 months after I took out my contract. 

I will cancel my direct debit and end my contract with Virgin media if I and my referer do not get the rewards promised to us.

I don't like being lied to and I'm already blacklisted for credit so I ain't afraid of ending my contact due to misinformation.

Watch this space if the reward payments are not paid soon.

I will also make a complaint about the missing reward payments to the ombudsman.

Hi Alantodd141 👋 thanks for getting back to us with additional information. 

We appreciate your frustration given the experience, and are happy to take a closer look so we can offer support. 

We would need to take a few account details via PM so that we can investigate further, and raise a complaint for you. (You will need a complaint raised so we can help offer a resolution, which if you are then not satisfied with - you can take to the ombudsman). You can find our full complaints code of practice here 👉 https://virg.in/comcop

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly